Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

GrimAce's Avatar


GrimAce
06.04.2013 , 05:26 AM | #1
Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

CarpeSangrea's Avatar


CarpeSangrea
06.04.2013 , 05:27 AM | #2
And you felt the need to post this now for what reason exactly? To get some sort of validation from people who will likely just troll you into oblivion?

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
06.04.2013 , 05:28 AM | #3
Enough is enough. Lots of players wanted a moddable Orgus Din's armor look-alike to be adaptive and colorable. This game really lacks nice, light Jedi garments. Now they're getting it but instead of the desired top they're getting a belly wrap. Great.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

hages's Avatar


hages
06.04.2013 , 05:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
there's no demand for it.
That is YOURE opinion.
I like sexy female outfits and i am not a teenager.
If it is youre opinion does not mean that others do not like it.
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

GrimAce's Avatar


GrimAce
06.04.2013 , 05:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
And you felt the need to post this now for what reason exactly? To get some sort of validation from people who will likely just troll you into oblivion?
Like most other members posting at the moment, my thread was spurred by the leaked images of what's coming in the next cartel pack.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

GrimAce's Avatar


GrimAce
06.04.2013 , 05:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hages View Post
That is YOURE opinion.
I like sexy female outfits and i am not a teenager.
If it is youre opinion does not mean that others do not like it.
You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

Vigilanis's Avatar


Vigilanis
06.04.2013 , 05:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.
Er actually it is YOUR*....YOU'RE would be an abbreviation of YOU ARE, therefore the sentence would read, 'that is YOU ARE opinion'.....which is of course wrong....If you are going to troll with the grammar police...at least get it right lol.......nothing else to see here...move along
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

GrimAce's Avatar


GrimAce
06.04.2013 , 05:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vigilanis View Post
Er actually it is YOUR*....YOU'RE would be an abbreviation of YOU ARE, therefore the sentence would read, 'that is YOU ARE opinion'.....which is of course wrong....If you are going to troll with the grammar police...at least get it right lol.......nothing else to see here...move along
HAH! Fair call. Well played.
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 09:35 AM | #9
Simple solution: don't like it, don't buy it. If too many people followed suit, they would tone it down. Otherwise, you're out of luck, pal, because you are essentially telling other players what their in-game fashion tastes should be.

sturgess's Avatar


sturgess
06.04.2013 , 09:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Simple solution: don't like it, don't buy it. If too many people followed suit, they would tone it down. Otherwise, you're out of luck, pal, because you are essentially telling other players what their in-game fashion tastes should be.
The problem is it's in cartel packs with stuff we DO want. I hate having a pile of bloody worthless skimpy stuff I can't even vendor (because sure as hell no one is buying it).
Explorer: 80% | Socializer: 67% | Achiever: 40% | Killer: 13%