Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

otherworlder
06.04.2013 , 12:44 AM | #2771
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessaia View Post
Strange how most of those complaining about premades don't display any information about who they are or where they play in their sigs. That would really interest me.

Anyway, I'd like to ask all you stalwart anti-premaders some questions, out of sheer curiosity.
First of all, have you ever even been invited to a group of other people to do pvp with them ? Have you ever played pvp in a premade group with other people AT ALL, or have you only been solo-queueing since you started playing? Or did you convert from a premader to a pugger after you discovered how 'wrong' the current system is? If someone DID ask you to join them, did you decline out of sheer nobility so as not to be a part of an 'advantageous' premade group yourself?

Do you know how many guilds there are out there and how many of them form premades - and can you honestly say they are all top-level quality? How often a night do you approximately lose as a pure PUG against the same premades over and over again? How often do you get matched up with a premade on your OWN team? How can you tell that you DON'T have a premade on your own team? What exactly is so incredibly scary about premades on the other team that leads you to promote the separation of queues so badly? How often have you lost matches because you were up against such overpowering premades as opposed to simply having total nubcakes on your own team?

Then, where do you get the notion that every premade out there is somehow part of a ranked team, or out for high-level competitive pvp? Have you ever actually PLAYED ranked at all? Have you ever organised it, discussed a good group composition, played against other top teams? Do you know which premades on your server even DO ranked?

This will make an interesting read, I'll wager. I'm tired of hearing the same arguments over and over again, I just really want to know where all you people are coming from. And please, if you can refrain from using the words 'facerolling', 'pugstomping' and 'people with rl issues' in you answers, it would be very much appreciated.
I'll bite.

Back before ftp on Ebon Hawk, my wife and I were considered among the best pvpers on the server. When we unsubbed around the time that queues started popping three or four times a day, some in our faction practically begged us to stick it out. We were frequently offered teams (my wife is an excellent healer) and even tried out a couple of the big pvp guilds at that time. We rarely if ever joined premades, and we invariably left the pvp guilds after a short while.

Why?

Empathy, desire for true sport, and human decency. My wife and I hated rolling in premades because we always roflstomped the competition and that leads to boring, boring matches. We don't enjoy curbstomping randoms into the dust. For others who ran premades, that was the juice. They loved laughing about it in ops chat, they loved spawn camping, they loved blaming the 8 randoms who just got crushed for their own defeat. We absolutely despise that culture and want nothing to do with it.

There are other human beings behind those characters getting stomped match after match and gradually realizing that their chosen hobby is not going to be fun at all tonight... in fact, it's making their day worse. I don't want to be the culprit for that, even if they're complete strangers.

Call me a carebear. We're all human beings behind the monitor.

On top of that, we simply find pvp without competition to be dull. If I go to a gym down the street to spar, I'm not going to ask a 12 year old to climb into the ring with me. I'd want a dude my size and relative ability.

The rest of your questions are sort of... off topic. People aren't saying that premades shouldn't be allowed to play; they should. It is an MMO after all. Most of us here just simply don't see any compelling reasons that a) pugs should be forced to play against you instead of having their own more casual queue, and b) why premades are so up in arms about the idea of allowing that option.

I've still yet to read any sort of argument from a pro-premader that explains how their fun is going to be negatively impacted by allowing more casual, balance-seeking solo players to opt out of facing premades. If your fun is derived from a desire for competition, why do you feel you NEED to be able to face pugs to have fun?

And yes, I do agree that none of this will ever change until BW sorts out cross server queues because there simply isn't a big enough pvp population right now. But the check-box for solo only would go a long way toward making that community bigger (modern MMOs are targeted far more toward solo, casual players than the huge guilds/groups of old), and isn't that what everyone here wants in the end?

Helig
06.04.2013 , 01:14 AM | #2772
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawncatcher View Post
That may be his point of view, but he's wrong, and it doesn't give him the right to randomly slander large groups of people who did nothing to him that he didn't agree to in the first place, that he had within his capability to withdraw consent from at any time, and which never caused any bodily injury. If PvP is causing him such great mental distress, he doesn't have to participate. For people who want to win all the time, there is PvE. Preferably solo PvE at that.
To truly enjoy PvP, you (generic you, not you personally) have to accept that it has it's ups and downs.<.........> The only person who can truly make someone feel helpless is himself.
I get where you're coming from, but this is what really happens when my guild group queues and finds themselves against an average PuG. This is not PvP. This is bullsith.

I'm a stern advocate of an even playing field. Red Wings should play with Mighty Ducks. Naturally I can just "go play ranked" (which isn't always available, but that's a matter for another discussion), but that does not exactly stop other premades from queueing regs.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

DarthSabreth
06.04.2013 , 01:48 AM | #2773
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I get where you're coming from, but this is what really happens when my guild group queues and finds themselves against an average PuG. This is not PvP. This is bullsith.

I'm a stern advocate of an even playing field. Red Wings should play with Mighty Ducks. Naturally I can just "go play ranked" (which isn't always available, but that's a matter for another discussion), but that does not exactly stop other premades from queueing solo.
I hear ya, been getting hit more frequntly on my server with double premaides, when there is a fewer pool of players in que we usually get stuck against them. BW seriously needs to seperate the pugs from the premades and open up cross server ques.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Kovaos
06.04.2013 , 07:06 AM | #2774
Is this one of the largest threads ever to not receive a dev response?

I'm really curious how they feel about this.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Comfterbilly
06.04.2013 , 08:51 AM | #2775
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Is this one of the largest threads ever to not receive a dev response?

I'm really curious how they feel about this.
If they want our business, for players like me, they're really going to have to.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

L-RANDLE
06.04.2013 , 10:05 AM | #2776
They probably would offer 25 creds for a holocall to someone who cares.... If it's that bad, leave or grow a pair please...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

MotorCityMan
06.04.2013 , 10:27 AM | #2777
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
They probably would offer 25 creds for a holocall to someone who cares.... If it's that bad, leave or grow a pair please...
People are leaving. And then there will be no one left to beat but yourself. Which is how you want your pvp experience to be, judging from your remarks.

Kovaos
06.04.2013 , 10:35 AM | #2778
Judging by the size of this thread someone cares.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

L-RANDLE
06.04.2013 , 10:45 AM | #2779
Good then maybe the players the with a pair can get real problems addressed that are much more impactful to the life if this game... You know.... like class balance and mechanics not working....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Kovaos
06.04.2013 , 10:49 AM | #2780
Good then maybe the players he with a pair can get real problems addressed that are much more impactful to the life if this game... You know.... like class balance and mechanics not working....
I don't think I'm getting it across right....there are 279 pages and 2,700+ posts in this thread. Whether you are for or against the subject it deserves attention.