Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when should a 55 dps start attempting the 55 hm flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
when should a 55 dps start attempting the 55 hm flashpoints?

ATAMIANM
06.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #11
I started in a mix of Rakata and Basic gear. I also bought as many armor mods as I could. I upgraded from Rakata to Campaign gear, then picked up some basic gear from questing. Eventually you get some good drops which you can pull mods out of to make it better.

CyberTronX
06.03.2013 , 12:27 AM | #12
I started in the basic planetary comm gear you can upgrade to at 50 from the Makeb vendor on my Jugg dps, as well as 3 partisan pieces which were easy to save up for while leveling (2x implants + earpiece), and a campaign saber. I was killing things faster than the sniper with better gear I ran in to on my first 55 HM.

People seem to think you absolutely must have 66 mods or xyz slots of whatever item rating...

Honestly, if you have planetary comm gear, and you KNOW YOUR CLASS, you will be perfectly FINE. A little bit of intelligence goes a long way and can in many ways compensate SOMEWHAT for a lack of gear.

I'd rather have the Assassin DPS in Makeb greens (lol) who goes weak -> strong, and has perfected his rotation, than the Sorc in super duper epic gear that focuses elites and uses Force Storm on one mob.

Competence at class >gear.
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

wainot-keel
06.03.2013 , 10:05 AM | #13
For dps, this 55 hms are much much forgiving gear wise than for tanks and healers. The latter, if both in campaing gear, will mean a cautious play. But for dps campaing feels like facerolling in comparisson.

I once healed mando raiders with 1 dps in Rakata/Columi and the other with Columi and a Tionese weapon. Bonus boss enraged at 2% or 3% but we made it. Last boss was not a problem at all. They clearly knew what they were doing, but that's the thing, the gear requirements are not high for dps.

Anyway, I would say just campaing gear with 66s mainhand and offhand (really cheap on the GTN) will make these flashpoints a breeze for average players

Ottoattack
06.03.2013 , 04:47 PM | #14
The rating provided by BW is level 62 (148 quality). A mixture of 58 through 66 should work. Full 58 maybe tough.