Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

06.03.2013 , 10:39 AM | #1
I only played the Imperial characters.

IA and SI is clearly Female > Male, especially IA, Jo Wyatt's voice is great.
SW's male voice over is better, and the story also fit a male character much better. I thought BH would be the same case but Grey did really a good job, I think it's as good as the male voice over, and the story also fit female character well.

06.03.2013 , 11:00 AM | #2
I really like my male SI's voice. The constant sneering goes well with his whole persona, I think. The female one is brilliant as well, though.

I really disagree about the SW! I adore my female SW - she's a... "large ham" (TV Tropes link.). Everything she says sounds so... grandiose. "I think it's time for a bloodbath!" "The Republic truly fears me!" She's fantastic. But I can see how that might not be everyone's cup of tea. The male voice sounded a bit too stereotypical for my liking.

I think I like both VA's for the IA equally. They both do a great job.

I wanted to roll a male Bh, but I don't much like his voice/the way he says his lines. He's not a bad voice actor, just not really how I would have liked him to be.

06.03.2013 , 12:03 PM | #3
Republic side, I think I'd go with the female Smuggler voice over that of the male Smuggler. My Jedi Knight voice preference varies depending on the species of the character. The female voice sounds great on my human Sentinel. The male took ages (and most of the Cartel Market species unlocks) before I found a species and look that he sounded good with. When I finally settled on a Sith Pureblood for him, it fit so much more perfectly than any of my other attempts at making a male JK. With that combination, I think the male voice is better than the female.

I've only played a female Counselor so far, so I can't say anything about that. For Troopers, I vastly prefer the female voice. But considering who does that voice, it's not really a surprise.

06.03.2013 , 12:18 PM | #4
Obviously this is highly subjective to personal taste. For me personally, I prefer:

IA - Male
BH - Female
SI - Female
SW - Male

Smuggler - Equal
Consular - don't like either
Knight - male (hate the female voice, but not in love with the male voice either)
Trooper - Equal

Actually, I'll admit that the male consular voice grew on me...after a very long time.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

06.03.2013 , 02:01 PM | #5
These are my preferences...

SW - Like both equally.
SI - Like both equally, maybe slightly prefer male.
IA - Male. His voice is the sexiness. lol.
BH - Female. Male voice sounds so cartoony to me.

JK - Female. Male voice is...odd to me for some reason.
JC - Like both equally, slightly prefer male perhaps. Female voice feels lifeless sometimes.
Smug - Male. Once I figured out the fem Smug's voice is Phil and Lil from the Rugrats, that's all I hear and think of now. =X
Trooper - Male. Female voice = fem Shep. All I can think of. =X

06.03.2013 , 02:06 PM | #6

Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

06.03.2013 , 02:10 PM | #7
Highly subjective, obviously.

Agent - Female. I've pretty much been in love with Jo Wyatt's voice since Dragon Age II. The British accent she uses while doing the agent is really nice, and I just love how during certain conversations in Chapter 2, she just switches between Imperial and Republic dialects on the fly.

Bounty Hunter - Equal. I haven't played the BH too much to form an opinion yet. I like them both.

Inquisitor - Male. Not that Xanthe Elbrick is bad, but some of her deliveries are somewhat more awkward than Euan Morton's. Doesn't mean either of them can be equally psychotic, and that's what I love about this class.

Warrior - Equal. Mark Bazeley and Natasha Little both do a great job in this, but if I had to choose, I'd probably go male a bit more. I've finished the story as a male and am currently replaying it as a female, so we'll see if I'll let Ms. Little's charms work on me as they do on Quinn.

Knight - Female. I just like Kari Wahlgren too much to refuse her. I so far played the Knight story three times, twice as a female and once as a male. That is not to say that David Hayter is bad, but he does sound a bit too calm in my opinion at times.

Consular - Equal (None?). The Consular is pretty much the class I have neglected the most in my entire time playing this game. Both Nolan North and Athena Karkanis sound OK in their performances, but they simply lack depth from what I have seen so far. I'd probably go with male on this one.

Smuggler - Female. Kath Soucie just nails this so perfectly. All those snide, cocky comments she makes are what made me love the story so much. She's just boasting such confidence despite having no idea whatsover of what she's doing that it's just a joy to listen to her. I have a male Smuggler planned for a future playthrough, but what I've heard of Maury Sterling just seems to stereotypic in terms of performance.

Trooper - Female. Seriously, it's Jennifer Hale. How could anyone not pick her? Only thing I've heard so far of Brian Bloom's male Trooper performance that's better than Hale's is his "For the Republic!" cry. Hale only did that one well during the Trooper Trailer, but in-game it really lacks energy.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

06.03.2013 , 02:47 PM | #8
I prefer the male voices simply because I am male and can't imagine playing a female character, but I have to say...the female SI voice actor is awful.

06.03.2013 , 02:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
I prefer the male voices simply because I am male and can't imagine playing a female character, but I have to say...the female SI voice actor is awful.
What? I like her voice a lot.

06.03.2013 , 03:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
What? I like her voice a lot.

knight:strictly male,the female sounds like a 12 years old on her school crush
trooper:male,the female just doens't fit,such a role should be held by an strict man with leadership to sell
smuggler:meh,both,male's better tho.
consular:the female voice actor sounds like she has a cold,so male

warrior:male,the female sounds like a 60 years old.
inquisitor:fits a male better but i like the female voice actor too,a female would fit a light sided role. (i can't really imagine a lady being evil or sadic)
agent:male,i can't stand the female's voice,too much emotion for an imperial agent.
bounty hunter:both,i like both equally,the female is sexy and strong and the male is rough and cool.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50