Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is there a lack of Tank drops in HM55 FP's?


Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
05.31.2013 , 04:55 PM | #11
The problem is that tank gear is only good for tanks whereas DPS gear and healer gear are often quite interchangeable (the only differences are in alac/accuracy, which are only present on *some* pieces). As stated before, you have a 25% chance of getting a drop appropriate to your class, and, from there, you have a 25% chance of having said drop be a tank piece. For healers and DPS, it's a 25% chance of getting a class drop and a 50-75% chance of getting something useful. It's not just bad RNG. It's the chances themselves which screw over tanks since the weights aren't in our favor.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

PlasmaJohn's Avatar


PlasmaJohn
06.01.2013 , 07:55 AM | #12
I know they fixed the loot selection to drop stuff that's class appropriate, does it need a tweak to take role into account as well? Or maybe they should create a set of tokens that can be used to buy Black Market gear and drop those instead.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
06.01.2013 , 09:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
There is a 25% chance your item will drop for your class assuming you are the only one on your team in that class.

Now from that you have a 25% or 33% chance of it being a tanking piece.

At worse you only have a 6.25-8.25% of getting a tanking piece.

Odds are already not in your favor. Sin tanks have it the worse as they have 25% while juggs and VGs have a 33% on their class drops.
This is about as accurate an explanation as you are going to get. The only solution is to continue to grind Flashpoints until you get what you want. Sorry, but grinding is part of the MMO experience, and it is not going to be changing any time soon.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
06.01.2013 , 09:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
I know they fixed the loot selection to drop stuff that's class appropriate, does it need a tweak to take role into account as well? Or maybe they should create a set of tokens that can be used to buy Black Market gear and drop those instead.
No, because then the odds of getting a specific drop is going to be even worse. The more you specify the type of drop, the harder the odds are of getting a specific type of gear based on class or even spec.

Remember, the needs of the many will ALWAYS outweigh the needs of the few.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
06.01.2013 , 09:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VorKoom View Post
I've had a few Shadow Tank drops from 55 HMs, The guild try to run at least one per night and one of my guildes says he never gets anything as the drops are always for me.
I know what he is feeling. I have a Guardian Tank and I have gotten ZERO so far(and I have ran quite a few 55 FP's). You just suck it up, take your comms and buy the better gear from the Supplies wing of the Fleet. That's all you can do.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Brutal's Avatar


Brutal
06.02.2013 , 01:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
One of our newish tanks is getting frustrated at the lack of drops with even token mitigation stats. Another guild member agreed stating that tank drops are few and far between. I haven't been paying attention, but shouldn't the drop rate be roughly 25%? The last four heavy pieces I remembered to look at had DPS stats.
tank drops are rare when i run with friends 90% of drops are dps stated gear

Deluxe_'s Avatar


Deluxe_
06.02.2013 , 01:51 AM | #17
I've ran tens of flashpoints and got an almost-complete DPS set but only 3 tank pieces or so for my Vanguard. I can't even remember when it was the last time I've seen one drop.

PlasmaJohn's Avatar


PlasmaJohn
06.02.2013 , 01:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
tank drops are rare when i run with friends 90% of drops are dps stated gear
So wait... tanks get less drops so they need to queue more to get their pieces. That's... evil. Brilliant, but still evil.

On a serious note I'm not convinced that's intentional.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Ancaglon's Avatar


Ancaglon
06.03.2013 , 07:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
My personal philosophy is to not count on drops. I crafted a full set of artifact 66 mods (oh the beryllius and mytags *shudders*) and sloooowly built up my balance of elite comms. I was really surprised to find out recently how close I am to full 69's.
Veracity implants still have better tank stats than Black Market, and are pretty much on par with Verpine -- so you can focus your commendation buying on the non-craftable bits.

Themanthatisi's Avatar


Themanthatisi
06.03.2013 , 12:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
I know what he is feeling. I have a Guardian Tank and I have gotten ZERO so far(and I have ran quite a few 55 FP's). You just suck it up, take your comms and buy the better gear from the Supplies wing of the Fleet. That's all you can do.
But the gear is all alacrity and asorb heavy..... I am a jugg tank btw. I made a poast in the general forum, on this myself...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#post6389812
<ENTROPY REBORN>
on Jedi Covenant - The guild for casual adults.
check us out at http://entropyx.enjin.com/
feel free to contact me in game - Themanthatisi.