Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Totald
06.01.2013 , 07:04 AM | #5461
I have been watching this thread since April 2012 (when I unsubscribed) waiting to be able to transfer my characters to a server with population. 14 months later it finally happens, I have just resubscribed! Now comes the choice of which server to move to... any recommendations for UTC+8 timezone Australians?

auroroavalor
06.01.2013 , 07:09 AM | #5462
Eric, we're two days out from being able to transfer. information. we NEED it

for instance

-guilds- what happens? we have to re make our guilds? rebuy guild bank slots?
-guild members with name changes because they're potentially taken how can our members find us without spamming chat on the fleet looking?

Legacy- can we keep it? or will we have to remake it

Laris_Rai
06.01.2013 , 08:06 AM | #5463
Quote: Originally Posted by auroroavalor View Post
Eric, we're two days out from being able to transfer. information. we NEED it

for instance

-guilds- what happens? we have to re make our guilds? rebuy guild bank slots?
-guild members with name changes because they're potentially taken how can our members find us without spamming chat on the fleet looking?

Legacy- can we keep it? or will we have to remake it
I don't know why you think any of that is going to be different from last time. And why would you guild NOT have a message board or something where members can talk outside of the game? That's SOP for any guild worth its salt.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Kitterikku
06.01.2013 , 09:54 AM | #5464
When you say 4th June, are you talking AUS time or PDT?

It does make a rather large difference, becaose most PDT time is actually the next day for the rest of us

xxpcwizardxx
06.01.2013 , 11:09 AM | #5465
What i d like to know is will the tranfers happen immendly or u are taking requests and doing it during maintence period?

And will guild bank stay in tact as we don t want to lose anything in there?

Thanks
May The Force Be With You.

Antiskeptic
06.01.2013 , 12:57 PM | #5466
Quote: Originally Posted by Laris_Rai View Post
I don't know why you think any of that is going to be different from last time. And why would you guild NOT have a message board or something where members can talk outside of the game? That's SOP for any guild worth its salt.
This ^^^ I mean surely you at least have mumble/vent/ts or something to communicate outside of the game. LOL
//

gurneyslabb
06.01.2013 , 01:02 PM | #5467
Im Australian and been playing on Harbringer for the last 2 months never really had a issue with lag
( beyond the usual higher ping )

Tork
06.01.2013 , 03:19 PM | #5468
Quote: Originally Posted by gurneyslabb View Post
Im Australian and been playing on Harbringer for the last 2 months never really had a issue with lag
( beyond the usual higher ping )
This is what I am worried about, does the higher ping afffect the game at all?
What about PVP, surely it is a disadvantage there.
Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

Silvers
06.01.2013 , 03:33 PM | #5469
Quote: Originally Posted by Tork View Post
This is what I am worried about, does the higher ping afffect the game at all?
What about PVP, surely it is a disadvantage there.
I have been playing on The Harbinger from time to time. I live in New Zealand and my latency normally sits between 150ms to 250ms. Gameplay is fine, even pvp. Been managing to hold my own. Your latency depends on a number of things. I know I am close to the exchange where I live so seem to get better ms ratings than some of my guildies.

From past experience with other mmos that only have servers in the US I've played with latency of 300 to 400ms and was still able to be effective in my role in raids. So speeds of 150 to 250ms should not be an issue.

Personally I would've preferred that BW tried to run one super server for us, but the cost vs profit of doing such a thing was probably not worth it. So what's done is done. I'm glad we know it is happening, and that it is happening soon. Will allow me to get things moving with my guild.

Someone asked a few questions regarding the transfers and how it will affect guilds, legacies etc. Don't know how they're handling guilds, but from memory when we transferred to the APAC servers last year the highest level legacy would remain on the destination server if you had more than one legacy. But of course I'm just guessing that is what will happen. Hopefully Eric will come back with some more specifics regarding this as I'd like to know as well, due to being the GM of Valorous.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

AtomFromLU
06.01.2013 , 03:33 PM | #5470
I wanted to ask what might happen if we transfer our characters, then want them back where they came from, do we need to wait for another free transfer or has a price been decided?
-Atom