Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been subscribed since closed Beta, lvl 31

pan_sObak
05.28.2013 , 07:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Absolutely not.
as far as i remember Chevin event allows to be involved for 30s and higher
so it could be a good thing about event for low-lvls but i think they got hands full with the storyline

it's us top lvls who are bored and need fresh end game content more and more! :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

pan_sObak
05.28.2013 , 07:45 AM | #12
And anything else you want because you are special and doggone it you deserve it!
i think everyone agree that he deserves something for his stoicism!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Thundergulch
05.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
as far as i remember Chevin event allows to be involved for 30s and higher
so it could be a good thing about event for low-lvls but i think they got hands full with the storyline
Yes there are/have been other events that aren't limited to level 50+.
But the Gree event.... I don't see how they can let all levels participate without re-doing the entire event.
Which is pointless when they could just as easily make a whole new event.

ImmortalLowlife
05.28.2013 , 08:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
That's harsh, I don't agree with his post but if he wants to level alts Instead of 1 main, who are you to make fun of him?
I agree, I've been playing for nearly a year, & my highest toon is lvl 34. Of course I'm playing all 12 slots & every class, I work 50+hrs a week, have a family, usually only play on weekends. It would be nice to see some events that were available to lower level players.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~IT'S NOT A TRAP!~

Ocho-Quatro
05.30.2013 , 03:55 PM | #15
Pre-Ordering SW: The Old Republic and getting into Early Access: $60.00

Played the game for a year and a half and paid $15/month for it: $270.00

Total out of pocket money for 18 months of MMO gaming, assuming you never bought anything from the Cartel Market outside of subscriber coins, and didn't buy the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition: $330.00

Finding out that you effectively paid a little over $10/level for your highest level character, and only experienced about 5% of the available content?

PRICELESS

I consider myself a more casual player.... I pre-ordered and have been a subscriber since Early Access Day 1.... I bought the standard game retail, and have paid $270-ish in subscriber fees... (plus some odds and ends cartel coin purchases here and there...) So my total $ spent on this game is likely in the $400 neighborhood. However....... I have four level 55s, a level 45 alt, and about a half dozen other alts between 10-20....

This guy isn't casual.

Most likely just a troll.

And for what it's worth..... Yes, I have a real life, I work 45-50hrs/week, sometimes more. I am married, (my wife also plays SWTOR) and I have four kids..........
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe (55) Sage - Ellip'sis (55) Vanguard - Quotation (55) Sentinel
Aster'isk (55) Mercenary - Back'slash (55) Assassin - Per'iod (55) Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

AlixMV
05.30.2013 , 05:29 PM | #16
But the Gree event.... I don't see how they can let all levels participate without re-doing the entire event.
Which is pointless when they could just as easily make a whole new event.
They've done the Gree Event three times since its first appearance and is coming out again sometime this summer. It's /easier/ for them to recycle the same event--there's no new code, just toggle a switch (*) and la, there it is.

And it gives people like the OP a chance to experience it. Don't have a level 45 (which is/was the minimum required, not 50) this time? Well, you have a few weeks to get your character up to that point to experience it the next time. That /is/ the beauty of repeating events, though.

I started the game when it dropped and didn't have characters of high enough level to participate in the Rakghoul Event and was too busy leveling alts to participate in the Chevin event. But that was on me. And, knowing these events existed and might again, it was also on me to level my characters to 50 if I wanted to participate in future events.

(*) - I'm guessing, given how this last Gree Event did not coincide with downtime.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

discbox
05.31.2013 , 02:14 AM | #17
The Gree-Event is daily mission grind, grind, grind, grind.

If you don't have a single level 50 char, while playing since release, this event is no fun for your style playing this game.

Eternalnight
05.31.2013 , 05:18 AM | #18
It's perfectly fine for events to be max level only.

People who have multiple max level characters have pretty much seen nearly all the normal content there is anyway, and only events offer something different.

People who don't have any max level characters still have plenty of other content they still have not seen yet.

DarthMat
05.31.2013 , 07:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Truffula View Post
On the other hand I do think there ought to be a few lower level operations to introduce them earlier, like there are lower level flashpoints and heroics.
There ya go. There's your entry level operations. Operations are 8 man groups that work as a team with higher mechanics than a normal flashpoint. Another thing you should think about is you don't have your full set of abilities yet. Sorceror healers don't get their AOE until 40+ and that is quite useful in operations since it's a group of 8 people. This game has been around for around 1.5 years now. I think you should have at least 1 50 to experience everything you are looking for.

I don't see how they would put a raid like this together for a lower level group....Would it just be Taral V glorified for 8 people? I think the regular flashpoints are enough to get you ready for operations. Once you hit the right level, check out youtube on the relevant operations. You can learn basics on the fights and mechanics from there to help you out once you hit that level....or join a guild to help you level up
PVP and flashpoint runs help boost your level real quick.
Vyyk 55 Sniper The Shadowlands
Aerea 55 Sorceror
Vexasi 55 Assassin
Mutatio 50 Juggernaut

Mikkozak
05.31.2013 , 02:49 PM | #20
While it is irritating to miss out on time sensitive events due to your level, I think you also have to realize that people who have leveled to max, and done a good majority of content DO deserve some form of reward also. Maybe the Gree event was one such reward.