Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.31.2013 , 12:09 PM | #5411 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Antiskeptic
05.31.2013 , 12:26 PM | #5412
Yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
//

ImpliedCarth
05.31.2013 , 12:28 PM | #5413
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric
woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

Greywatcher
05.31.2013 , 12:29 PM | #5414
Thank you for the update Eric =)

I've slowly been following this thread and relaying information back to guildies who do not visit the forum however the lack of information on the transfers seems to be making a few nervous about what to expect and how they will work.

Will we be able to get a separate thread with information answering player questions before the free transfers/merge start Eric or will we be moving over blind, finding out that using the Free Transfer Option didn't move over the guild with my GM character and loosing all the resources/credits/tabs that we have invested in?

I have a few questions, if you could take the time to find and give the answers I'd be very thankful.

- Will players that transfer/merge will keep their character name if the character on the server they are being moved to is inactive. EG: a low level alt that hasn't been played in months, someone that has quit the game and hasn't returned in so many long months and so on.
- If a player that is the GM of a guild decides to use the Free Transfer before the actual merge, does the Guild and the Guild Bank move with them? Or does the GM of a guild have to wait for the merge to keep their Guild and Guild Bank?
- Do people stay in the guild when moved with the Transfer or with the Merge?
- Are servers, mainly the Harbinger, capable of taking on the influx of people. I ask this due to the talk of it being the most unstable server.
- If you decide to transfer your characters half to one server and half to another server (half to a pvp server and half to a pve server for example) do they keep their legacy level/unlocks/reputation on both servers or do they only get to keep their legacy on one of the servers they choose?

Thanks for your time.
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

ImpliedCarth
05.31.2013 , 12:51 PM | #5415
Quote: Originally Posted by Greywatcher View Post
Thank you for the update Eric =)

I've slowly been following this thread and relaying information back to guildies who do not visit the forum however the lack of information on the transfers seems to be making a few nervous about what to expect and how they will work.

Will we be able to get a separate thread with information answering player questions before the free transfers/merge start Eric or will we be moving over blind, finding out that using the Free Transfer Option didn't move over the guild with my GM character and loosing all the resources/credits/tabs that we have invested in?

I have a few questions, if you could take the time to find and give the answers I'd be very thankful.

- Will players that transfer/merge will keep their character name if the character on the server they are being moved to is inactive. EG: a low level alt that hasn't been played in months, someone that has quit the game and hasn't returned in so many long months and so on.
- If a player that is the GM of a guild decides to use the Free Transfer before the actual merge, does the Guild and the Guild Bank move with them? Or does the GM of a guild have to wait for the merge to keep their Guild and Guild Bank?
- Do people stay in the guild when moved with the Transfer or with the Merge?
- Are servers, mainly the Harbinger, capable of taking on the influx of people. I ask this due to the talk of it being the most unstable server.
- If you decide to transfer your characters half to one server and half to another server (half to a pvp server and half to a pve server for example) do they keep their legacy level/unlocks/reputation on both servers or do they only get to keep their legacy on one of the servers they choose?

Thanks for your time.
Interested about the Character names and Guilds as well!
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

HobbesToo
05.31.2013 , 01:45 PM | #5416
What will happen if we move our characters to a server that already has the maximum number of character slots used?

Andryah
05.31.2013 , 01:54 PM | #5417
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric
Nicely handled by Bioware, IMO. The ability to transfer to any other SWTOR server is an excellent thing, especially for customers who have been waiting so long to get and answer and have freedom to move to any server.

And once again.. props to Eric for communicating to the players. I know some will takes shots about how long it took, but I admire Eric for communicating, and doing so in the face of blaster bolts spraying his chest no matter what he communicates and when.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Shioji
05.31.2013 , 02:08 PM | #5418
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric
please please delay this i need more time to prepare my self
Rambojenkins - Vanguard OG
I Put Da Team on Ma Back

Tatanka
05.31.2013 , 02:38 PM | #5419
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5268

Character transfer FAQ from the transfers last year. I'd imagine the name policies will not change much if at all from that, but hopefully BW will update the FAQ if they do.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Jedi_Rachael
05.31.2013 , 02:39 PM | #5420
Regarding Character Slots will I have to delete 3 of my characters on my main server to be able to transfer the ones that I want over or will they automatically unlock character slots when I transfer them over?