Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a lack of Tank drops in HM55 FP's?

PlasmaJohn
05.31.2013 , 10:30 AM | #1
One of our newish tanks is getting frustrated at the lack of drops with even token mitigation stats. Another guild member agreed stating that tank drops are few and far between. I haven't been paying attention, but shouldn't the drop rate be roughly 25%? The last four heavy pieces I remembered to look at had DPS stats.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

AAAAzrael
05.31.2013 , 10:44 AM | #2
Just RNG trolling you. That's it. I got nearly full set of shadow tanking gear in first 4-5 FP's I have done on first night I got L55. O)n the other hand we dragged a terribly undergeared scoundrel healer through some FP's and even 16-man L55 ops recently and there were 0 drops with cunning. It's just matter of luck. When I don't need tank gear it keeps dropping for me as well.

mastirkal
05.31.2013 , 10:47 AM | #3
There is a 25% chance your item will drop for your class assuming you are the only one on your team in that class.

Now from that you have a 25% or 33% chance of it being a tanking piece.

At worse you only have a 6.25-8.25% of getting a tanking piece.

Odds are already not in your favor. Sin tanks have it the worse as they have 25% while juggs and VGs have a 33% on their class drops.

ELRunninW
05.31.2013 , 11:58 AM | #4
I have seen a lot of items dropped for my class, then on some days nothing. Just do more flashpoints.

Jimvinny
05.31.2013 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I have seen a lot of items dropped for my class, then on some days nothing. Just do more flashpoints.
I got an implant the very first 55 FP I ran on my shadow tank. didn't get another drop until I was nearly full 72's, 6 weeks later. I was not impressed. It got to the point where my guildies didn't even bother asking me to do FP's with them, because of the mock tantrum it sent me into.

Jayshames
05.31.2013 , 12:25 PM | #6
I only seem to get tank drops :\

PlasmaJohn
05.31.2013 , 12:49 PM | #7
Yeah... my response was "streaky EA RNG is streaky".

I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 class & role appropriate drops of which 2 were useful and one I only used the armoring. Implants and earpiece are the crafted microfilaments and the rest of what I have I bought with comms.

My personal philosophy is to not count on drops. I crafted a full set of artifact 66 mods (oh the beryllius and mytags *shudders*) and sloooowly built up my balance of elite comms. I was really surprised to find out recently how close I am to full 69's.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

ChewyYui
05.31.2013 , 12:56 PM | #8
I have never seen a Shadow Tank item drop, in ops or flashpoints post 2.0.

Although alot of it is crap (because of Alacrity/Accuracy) it's still annoying for me, and was an even bigger pain in the butt whilst transitioning from my Dread Guard set.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

VorKoom
05.31.2013 , 03:05 PM | #9
I've had a few Shadow Tank drops from 55 HMs, The guild try to run at least one per night and one of my guildes says he never gets anything as the drops are always for me.
Guildmaster
<Colours>
Casual PvE/PvP Progression Guild
The Red Eclipse EU. Colours Website

AlixMV
05.31.2013 , 04:06 PM | #10
I suspect it's RNG, but it seems like I have the same problem. My 'main' is a Guardian tank, and it seems like /when/ a Jedi Knight piece drops, 90% of the time it's DPS gear.

(And then there's the 10% of the time when a JK tank piece drops with Accuracy and Alacrity on it. Don't even get me started on the stat distro on Arkanian tank gear... :| )
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris