Request for a new Emote for one of my characters

Yribow

Dear Devs,

Due to the appearance of one of my characters, I would like to ask the devs to consider providing me with a unique emote.

Using the latest in stealth armour and equipment I have a tank who bears a striking similarity to a well know comic/book/film and game character and therefore I would like the emote "smash" to be put in game and given to this character.

The character's name is Yribuff, he is one of my six 50+ characters and is a level 55 Guardian Tank.

Screen shot here:

http://swtor.genesisbbs.org/yribuff.jpg

http://swtor.genesisbbs.org/yribuff1.jpg

I eagerly await your response to my humble request.

Troll rating 1/10

Wouldn't smash.

But I'm glad you're a unique snowflake. :D

Well, I must thank you for reminding me why I never post on the official forums.

If you haven't got anything positive to say then please don't waste your time, my time and the time of other people who decide to check out this post by bothering to reply to it.

Now, grow up and do something constructive with your day.

I need to grow up, maybe, I can take that, but you need to get real:

I would like to ask the devs to consider providing me with a unique emote.

Imagine if every character in this game got unique emotes, wouldn't that be awesome :rolleyes:

I assumed you were a troll based on the statement above because I couldn't imagine someone seriously having the audacity to ask for a unique emote for their one character, whatever the reasoning. I guess I was wrong, you just have never met reality. Oh well, best of luck with your request, I'll leave you to it.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Dear Devs,

Due to the appearance of one of my characters, I would like to ask the devs to consider providing me with a unique emote.

Using the latest in stealth armour and equipment I have a tank who bears a striking similarity to a well know comic/book/film and game character and therefore I would like the emote "smash" to be put in game and given to this character.

The character's name is Yribuff, he is one of my six 50+ characters and is a level 55 Guardian Tank.

Screen shot here:

http://swtor.genesisbbs.org/yribuff.jpg

http://swtor.genesisbbs.org/yribuff1.jpg

I eagerly await your response to my humble request.

Much as I'm happy you've managed to recreate a character you love, no they shouldn't give you a unique emote.

First of all, because then everyone would want one but also because I don't really think them trying to help you recreate a copyrighted character is helping in any way.

As I said, though, happy that you're enjoying your character.

Edited by TheNahash

hah you lot crack me up :-)

If any one of you took this even remotely seriously you need your head looked at....

You may not have been, but I was serious, I want that emote. Heck, I'd even share with everyone else, almost.

and as I already noted yesterday, my dearly departed doctor gave me some nice pills to help with my psychic abilities.

A wiser choice might be to create a full list of emotes you would like to see added to the game, show their name and what text would appear with each. Then, rather than the General Discussion, I would use the Suggestion Box forum stickied at the top of the threads page and create your idea there. I'm certain BW/EA is more likely to look through well formulated suggestions rather than generic threads which often just turn into flaming and trolling. Knowing where to put the idea and how to formulate it are key efforts in having it taken seriously by the right people, and making them flame retardant against the wrong ones.

A wiser choice might be to create a full list of emotes you would like to see added to the game, show their name and what text would appear with each. Then, rather than the General Discussion, I would use the Suggestion Box forum stickied at the top of the threads page and create your idea there. I'm certain BW/EA is more likely to look through well formulated suggestions rather than generic threads which often just turn into flaming and trolling. Knowing where to put the idea and how to formulate it are key efforts in having it taken seriously by the right people, and making them flame retardant against the wrong ones.

Pffft, that's too much work, this is so much more fun :p