Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

CE Dye - Unbound: Intended?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.30.2013 , 12:50 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
True, but then again people pay for a service and changing what has been once promissed... well lets just say it stinks and people don't like to handled that way. I know I don't.


If ESO online will be good than it's bye bye TOR for me. My patience for these kind of decisions is over.
Good for you. ESO will make the same mistakes, guaranteed.

You are paying for an ongoing service that is constantly changing. If you cannot handle that, you shouldn't play subscription games.

DarkWyndre's Avatar


DarkWyndre
05.30.2013 , 12:56 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
You say he lied.

I say, he told the truth. And someone decided to change it, so it was changed.

You do realize that people can change decisions, right? And that Eric isn't the one making ANY of these decisions? You should stop trying to attack someone for no reason.
I say, he told the truth. And someone decided to change it, so it was changed.

You do realize that people can change decisions, right? And that Eric isn't the one making ANY of these decisions? You should stop trying to attack someone for no reason.[/QUOTE]

When you tell someone you are going to do X, and then you instead do Y, you have lied to that person. It's irrelevant what details precipitated the lie. With each lie, Eric's credibility takes a further hit. Soon they will need a new Community Manager because we will simply no longer believe anything He says.

This is a very simple concept. On May 14th, he told us the current dyes would remain BoE and the CE/SV folks could continue to have a market with them, but that in the future a new dye would be added to each that would Bind and therefore be exclusive.

In the intervening 16 days, something changed, which is not the problem. The problem is that Eric didn't have the integrity to come back and let us know about the change. If you tell paying customers one thing and that plan changes, its incumbent upon you, the developer/CM, to update the customers.

11-11-11 Better than expected

Cleet_Xia's Avatar


Cleet_Xia
05.30.2013 , 12:59 PM | #93
Don't lay responsibility for any of this on the community team, they don't make the decisions.

& it's not guaranteed that we WONT get a new dye, just as they said....

But it is awfully suspicious that they've pulled a 180 on what they said just a few weeks ago.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
05.30.2013 , 01:10 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
I guess it's hard to understand that I don't like being lied to? Meh.
If a videogame causes you this much distress, you're gonna be in for a hard time once you move out into the real world.

jankiel's Avatar


jankiel
05.30.2013 , 01:13 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
If a videogame causes you this much distress, you're gonna be in for a hard time once you move out into the real world.
Have no fear about my life. I guess I don't like lies since I'm an adult. A thing you might learn one day.

End off-topic
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.30.2013 , 01:14 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
I guess it's hard to understand that I don't like being lied to? Meh.
So.

If your bank changes a policy, and doesn't give you a detailed explanation as to why -- did they lie to you?

If walmart says, "We accept all returns with a receipt!", but changes that policy for some reason -- did they lie to you?


EVERY company makes changes. They are NOT required to give you a detailed account of why they made said change. They are all within their legal right to make said changes. Change =\= lie.

Of course, it is perfectly fine if you feel they are making too many poor changes. In fact, it is very responsible of you to leave a game if you disagree with what the company is doing. But to call a PR rep a liar because something changed -- that is just ignorant.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
05.30.2013 , 01:26 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkWyndre View Post
Eric told us one thing would happen, and a different thing happen. That makes his statement on May 14th a lie. Did Eric intend to lie? I doubt it.
If he didn't intend to lie, then it wasn't a lie. A person cannot lie accidentally. That's called a mistake.

Quote:
Feel free to disagree with me about whether or not it matters that Eric has lied to us after the fact, but leave the personal attacks at the door.
Wow, talk about yer irony.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
05.30.2013 , 01:27 PM | #98 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I apologize for the delay in response but I wanted to understand exactly what happened before commenting. Here is what transpired and why your dyes ended up BoP.

As you know, when 2.1 went live the intent was that the CE vendor would have two exclusive dyes. We unfortunately released them as not being BoP, so that wasn't the case. As soon as we caught this the Cartel Market team created a bug fix, that bug fix was to have the dye modules correctly be BoP.

After some thought, we discussed with the Cartel Market team and determined the best course of action would be to leave the dyes as is. This way you folks could have something you control the market on! Then on top of that, make sure in a short timeframe to get new dyes added to your vendor which would be BoP and be exclusive to you. Once I had that decision in hand, I came and made the post which all of you saw explaining exactly that.

Now the question of what happened today. Well, as you can tell, what was originally a bug (dyes not being BoP) was fixed, even though it wasn't supposed to be. I am not positive where the disconnect happened but unfortunately that bug was addressed as a part of 2.1.1. I take full responsibility for this, when reviewing the patch notes for 2.1.1, I didn't notice that change was in there or I could have potentially caught it before it went live. Feel free to blame me for that one!

Looking forward, this is what we are going to do. We meant it when we said that we were planning to leave those alone. We will be removing BoP from those two dyes in 2.2. Currently the plan is you will see two new dye modules going on the CE vendor with Game Update 2.2.

I apologize for any confusion.

TLDR: A bug fix unfortunately happened after we decided to leave it as is and I didn't catch it before it went live. In 2.2 they will revert back to not being BoP and in our current plan, you will see two new BoP dyes on the CE vendor.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.30.2013 , 01:30 PM | #99
Thank you Eric!

And, can I just say -- I find it absolutely hilarious that you guys fixed a bug that you actually don't want to fix.

And, I feel really bad for the QA/Dev team, for having to revert a bug fix. That is going to be a pain.

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
05.30.2013 , 01:45 PM | #100
So, a version of the game you cannot even get anymore let's people get a dye you cannot get with out getting the version of the game you cannot get anymore.....

Why not let people buy it and sell on GTN? Is it the end of the world if people could? No.