Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols
05.28.2013 , 11:38 AM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
because we arenít going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we donít want to upset folks if we move a date back.
Why didn't this logic apply to the Bolster mechanic then?

faiaaar
05.28.2013 , 02:24 PM | #652
lol bolster, everyone was complaining about it on PTS and they released it on its exact state live..didnt even make a single change to it.

curtkram
05.28.2013 , 02:34 PM | #653
pretty sure they said they did change it, and fixed the problem people were concerned with, but that created a new problem that was different but seemed to have the same effect.

i think i found my source for this:
Quote:
The truth is that when we fixed one aspect of the system we opened up another edge case. Last night when it became apparent we had not done enough to fix the issue we started an investigation (yes at 3am CDT in the morning) and have been working all day on a plan of attack to shore up this system so that it is fun and balanced for all parties.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=451

Darth_Victus
05.28.2013 , 03:10 PM | #654
Spoiler
I don't see Pazaak/Sabaac in there =(
Immortalitas
Darth Viticus | Juggernaut - Tank | Officer
Guild Website

Nrock
05.28.2013 , 03:28 PM | #655
wow 2.2 looks pretty ******
Roc'o | Roheen
<< Council of Draay | Order of Ieldis >>
Order of Illuminatus Gaming Community
Now recruiting forces for both the Republic and Empire on the Ebon Hawk server!

Warforever
05.29.2013 , 05:27 AM | #656
After reading a majority of these posts...it's so sad to see so many Star Wars fans, SWTOR fans leave the game. What's even worse is that you, the developers, producers, etc etc don't seem to be listening and or don't even care. I myself am a PvPer. Only when I joined my guild <Care Bear Tickle Party> did I become a Endgame PvEer. But I still play PvP a majority of the time.

I don't understand what's going through BW's head(s). I'm excited about some minor content changes but very disappointed about the lack effort put into PvP. If its not your focus then do away with it. Or fix.

BW please get your priorities right. Listen to your players, your consumers, your fans....cause you're already losing a lot. Thanks

MadBernieSkills
05.29.2013 , 07:30 AM | #657
I see you didn't post about server transfers but understand that the plan is 2.2. I understand you can't give a specific date.

That being said, please comment on the prices. Surely that has been decided.
Price per character, per server, per account?

More importantly, can we use cartel coins? I've been saving all of my coins. If cartel coins will not be allowed, I'd like to know that now.
Also, if coins are not allowed, I would like a reason.

Also, will transfers be allowed across server types. PVE -> PVP, PVP -> PVE, etc.

Since we are just waiting for the code bugs to be worked out, throw us a bone with some info.

Thanks.

IdrianDave
05.29.2013 , 08:09 AM | #658
Hmmm, Im a staunch supporter of this game but this is bordering on pathetic. Thankfully we can all be out of our misery soon with many new titles being released later this year, fingers crossed they don't shaft us the same way we have been here.

BruceMaclean
05.29.2013 , 08:10 AM | #659 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Warforever View Post
After reading a majority of these posts...it's so sad to see so many Star Wars fans, SWTOR fans leave the game. What's even worse is that you, the developers, producers, etc etc don't seem to be listening and or don't even care. I myself am a PvPer. Only when I joined my guild <Care Bear Tickle Party> did I become a Endgame PvEer. But I still play PvP a majority of the time.

I don't understand what's going through BW's head(s). I'm excited about some minor content changes but very disappointed about the lack effort put into PvP. If its not your focus then do away with it. Or fix.

BW please get your priorities right. Listen to your players, your consumers, your fans....cause you're already losing a lot. Thanks
Hi Warforever!

We are listening and do care. For what itís worth Iím a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it. Iím not a big believer in making excuses, and can understand why it might feel like we are not focused on PvP, but hereís a bit of an explanation why the next big PvP update is several months out:

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they donít want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update. Weíve given them the go ahead to do this and thatís why the big PvP features are several months out.
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
05.29.2013 , 08:23 AM | #660
Hi Warforever!

We are listening and do care. For what itís worth Iím a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it. Iím not a big believer in making excuses, and can understand why it might feel like we are not focused on PvP, but hereís a bit of an explanation why the next big PvP update is several months out:

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they donít want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update. Weíve given them the go ahead to do this and thatís why the big PvP features are several months out.
I appreciate the reply Bruce, but didn't you say essentially the same thing about the HUGE massive Ilum revamp? Wasn't that meant to be a "meaningful" PvP update too? Instead, you made it a joke that gets thrown at us every few weeks.

I implore you to create several new WZ's asap! Not every WZ needs to be a flippin story Bruce - re-skin the existing ones, change the terrain around, make some day/night maps, keep objectives the same and release something similar, but "different" - not "meaningful". Variety!!!

Toss in a daily "Kill XX opposite faction players on __(planet name here)__" to create "organic" PvP that you guys so badly want. Sure, some people will cheat the system by trade killing, but that won't be the majority activity on PvP servers. Cater to your PvPers...just once please...not your cheaters.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.