Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

At least SWTOR isn't as bad as STO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
At least SWTOR isn't as bad as STO

Rezingreenboul
05.28.2013 , 05:39 PM | #11
I deleted STO the second I realized that I would be forced to be a seeder for their game.
"never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

MalthazarCeres
05.28.2013 , 05:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
I just could never go back to a game where the story is relayed to me in dialogue boxes or even animated cutscenes where NPCs just monologue at me while I stand there silently.
this.

Eillack
05.28.2013 , 05:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBeckett View Post
With all of the gripes that y'all have about SWTOR, I tried Star Trek Online. It's WAY worse than SWTOR. Y'all have it NICE compared to over there.. and, yes.. I signed up after Legacy Of Romulus was released... but this has been an ongoing problem.

In the 1 week I've played, I've experienced:
DAILY server reboots
MULTIPLE shard disconnects
They don't have individual servers. They run MULTIPLE MMO's on the same server
Lost characters
Launcher lockouts
When upgrading my skills, the game CRASHES to desktop
Rude community
Game bugs (what MMO doesn't???)

So when complaining how bad SWTOR is, remember... it could ALWAYS be worse!!
Lol you based a game off of a massive expansion week? You know that everyone and their brother was trying to get online at once?

STO always had issues with mega releases.

The game is back to being stable...but continue with judging a game after it adds a large expansion / faction during a 1 week period...

That's like assuming day 1 of launch of any MMO will equate to the exact same routine everyday until that MMO shutsdown...not sure where your logic is OP.

I will say this STO has insanely better space, graphics, and customization options than TOR will ever have in its lifespan. STO suffers from meh ground combat at the moment, but future Seasons will probably update it. Oh and their F2P = access to all (with the exception of credit cap, bank space) content in the game, not counting stipeds. Literally no difference playing wise.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jorill
05.28.2013 , 05:48 PM | #14
People talk about this game being rushed into production. You want to talk rushed? That game was rushed and had a brutal launch. Its an alright game. The space combat is pretty good but the rest of the game is pretty lacking.

Philmors
05.28.2013 , 05:50 PM | #15
I played it a couple of months ago. It's not a bad game exactly it's just that . . . well, to be blunt, TOR has instilled in me a certain sense of snobbery with regards to story presentation. I just could never go back to a game where the story is relayed to me in dialogue boxes or even animated cutscenes where NPCs just monologue at me while I stand there silently.
Same, I've been spoiled by SWTOR that I expect the story to be handled to be at least more like SWTOR now. of course if an MMORPG has much better gameplay for me compared to SWTOR then I'll play it but I haven't really seen an MMORPG that is really better than SWTOR by any great degree.

CosmicKat
05.28.2013 , 07:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
They are also playing in a vastly inferior universe populated by an apathetic military state that is so bored with their misguided personal paradise that they jettison thousands of their people to the vast corners of the universe to find them something interesting to look at.

That's right, Trekkies, come get me.

Three words... Jar Jar Binks.

Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.

Lord_of_Mu
05.28.2013 , 07:34 PM | #17
Welcome to Patch month in STO. I wouldn't expect any of the major bugs to be fixed until two or three months from now, if ever. The bright side, I didn't see a cactus in Cryptic's hand this time. Every time some kind of resource change comes into effect Cryptic pulls out a mighty cactus and proceeds to bend the playerbase over stating, "oh it's a minor change. Nothing to worry about at all."

I think the reaction to the removal of dilithium rewards from STFs was affecting their zen store income so badly they had to revert the change. Not like people didn't protest that change during the testing period but hey it was pushed live because the community doesn't know what they're talking about.

Kind of the story of Cryptic's life, push really buggy patches live with horrid changes that nearly everyone hates and do an Olympic gymnast back flip the moment it starts to hurt their zen store revenue.

rakaat
05.28.2013 , 09:37 PM | #18
I played it a couple of months ago. It's not a bad game exactly it's just that . . . well, to be blunt, TOR has instilled in me a certain sense of snobbery with regards to story presentation. I just could never go back to a game where the story is relayed to me in dialogue boxes or even animated cutscenes where NPCs just monologue at me while I stand there silently.
Agreed. Story presentation is important to me.

SithKoriandr
05.28.2013 , 09:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
Same, I've been spoiled by SWTOR that I expect the story to be handled to be at least more like SWTOR now. of course if an MMORPG has much better gameplay for me compared to SWTOR then I'll play it but I haven't really seen an MMORPG that is really better than SWTOR by any great degree.
Which is odd, as TOR has every intention to move their storyline into a traditional MMO storyline.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Annndy
05.28.2013 , 10:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rezingreenboul View Post
I deleted STO the second I realized that I would be forced to be a seeder for their game.
wait what?