Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

callofdutyfan
05.23.2013 , 10:17 AM | #11
Can u guys plzzzz do a event on the summer (like august) in london plzzz since i live in the ik and loads of other swtor fans live in the uk

ZionHalcyon
05.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #12
Parking downtown chicago is hell.

Any chance of getting it in a Chicago Suburb? Any place near Rt 290 would be fine, since thats the only freeway and its just a 20-30 min drive to Chicago on it during non-rush hour from the NW Suburbs like Schaumburg or Hoffman Estates or Elk Grove.

Not to mention you wouldn't be subjecting people to paying the horribly overpriced Parking Meters in the downtown area. I am all for free and plentiful parking.

GrandAdmlStrife
05.23.2013 , 02:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey LeGoonDuVegas,

We try to refrain from posting exact times and locations until we have 100% secured the venue. But here is a list of general dates for Community Cantina Tour locations for the rest of the year:
  • June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA
  • July 2013 – San Diego, CA
  • August 2013 – Chicago, IL
  • August 2013 – Cologne, Germany
  • August 2013 – Seattle, WA
  • October 2013 – New York, NY
  • November 2013 – Austin, TX

I can say that we plan most of our events around conventions. For example, our Los Angeles event occurs during E3 and this event is happening during SDCC.

So for Chicago we are looking to have the meet and greet during Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, which is from August 8th-11th.

For Cologne, Germany, we are aiming to schedule it during Gamescom, which is from August 22nd-25th.

The Seattle event is during PAX Prime, so August 30th - September 2nd.

And finally the New York event will be occuring the same time as NYCC, which is from October 10th-13th.

The Austin, TX meet and greet is not happening during a convention so I don't have a time frame for you there.

Hope that helps!
Hey Courtney, there's Austin Comic Con happening the weekend before Thanksgiving, Nov 22-24, 2013
http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tx.html
edit: I live in Austin and will be going out of town to visit family, so if it could be that Friday the 22 that would be great.
"Just rebuild it? What, you got an ATM on that torso Lite Brite of yours?"

nnaydolem
05.23.2013 , 04:01 PM | #14
Denver ComicCon is in two weeks...and last year we had 28,000 people in attendance...why not come up for that? I had to go to Dallas to check the last one. I think it would be nice to have ya here in Colorado.

MidnyteTragedy
05.24.2013 , 07:44 AM | #15
[*]August 2013 – Seattle, WA

The Seattle event is during PAX Prime, so August 30th - September 2nd.
This makes me so very happy to see.

I will simply hope your Cantina night isn't the same as the Turbine/LOTRO Party.
Member of Arch Presidium on The Ebon Hawk
Mνdnyte - lvl 55 Sith Assassin / Ta-Khara - lvl 50 Mercenary
Felyn'dril - lvl 49 Jedi Sentinel / Majidah - lvl 45 Marauder

dyarshin
05.28.2013 , 07:48 AM | #16
Hey everyone,

Check out the details for our Community Cantina Event in San Diego, CA. Hope to see y'all there!
Who cares if you guys can't even step up to correct this "customization-mess" ?

Screaming_Ziva
05.28.2013 , 11:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post

Any chance of getting it in a Chicago Suburb? Any place near Rt 290 would be fine, since thats the only freeway and its just a 20-30 min drive to Chicago on it during non-rush hour from the NW Suburbs like Schaumburg or Hoffman Estates or Elk Grove.

Not to mention you wouldn't be subjecting people to paying the horribly overpriced Parking Meters in the downtown area. I am all for free and plentiful parking.
Wizard World Chicago is at the convention center in Rosemont. It's not actually in Chicago. There's plenty of parking there but it's not gonna be free. I think it's like $10-$12 a day and that's on top of the $50-$60 it will cost you for a one day ticket to WW.

chuixupu
05.28.2013 , 04:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post

It's the same in downtown LA and San Diego. I got a deal by parking r far away from an event last time I went to LA. $15 lot. Yes, that was a deal.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

holicx
05.29.2013 , 12:14 AM | #19
Would there be any way to RSVP without a facebook account? I don't have one, for multiple personal reasons, but I would still love to be able to go without being told I can't since I didn't RSVP.

Ace_Spaulding
05.29.2013 , 06:02 AM | #20
Oh man I hope you guys make it to Atlanta Georgia someday. I'll be there for sure!!!