Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

diparts
05.28.2013 , 02:28 AM | #221
I was in gf, as rep soldier healer, the person "in charge" was asking me to start combat, I am not used to doing fp's, but even I know my main job is to make sure people are healed, but fight when the situation warrants. This person also went from area to area without healing between fights, so I spent most of my time healing them. When I asked nicely to heal before rushing off he voted me out of the group. When no one else voted he left the fp.

MorgothPl
05.28.2013 , 03:41 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by inc_CichYBoB View Post
i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.
or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,
People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .
I keep pair of 63 mods in 66/69 gear on my sorc, because I want to keep the stat bonus

Antimonij
05.28.2013 , 03:43 AM | #223
So, my experience...... guild EV HM run for the weekly, to get our newly 50-55 player acquainted with the ops runs, and to level up our alts a bit...sadly, not much people online in the guild at that moment, so we go for 2 pugs via general, and we get sage dps almost instantly, and commando healer, both from the same guild....all good, decent gear, sage has got almost 30k hp, and wears Karaggas hat proudly.....while we wait for people to come to Gav, sage asks how can he check his gear rating..... o.O moment...ok, we explain it to him (open char screen, hover over a piece of gear, look inside the brackets, etc....)..all good, we go inside, kill the first boss, no fuss, we roll for the drop and sage gets heavy armor str gear......ok, mistakes happen, we ask him politely why did he roll need on it, and if it was by mistake, can he give it to the players who can actually use the piece...he said he rolled greed on it, not need, and he passed it on....as it was a guild run, I was on voice chat with the rest of the guildies, and I know at least one of them rolled need on the item (we checked system entries a few moments later, he rolled need, so he lied)...we talk about it over voice chat, and we agreed if he roll one more need on a piece of gear (not mats, we don't make fuss about needing mats), we will kick him. Keep in mind he is almost 30k unbuffed, so any piece of gear that drops from EV is way below his current gear.....so, Gharj, no biggie, we get the boss down as fast as possible, loot screen pops out, sage rolls need on everything. As I was raid leader, insta kick/ignore. I get out to Fleet to get replacement, and there he is, in front of the instance entry, jumping around me, wanting to talk. So, I get him off the ignore list, and ask him why he needed.....he said he needs the gear for Nadia....ok, no problems mate, but you should have asked if you can roll need for companion, and show some manners that way...if you want back in, we are willing to let you finish the run with us, but loot will be set on ''Master Looter'', and if you agree, we can proceed......and here comes the enrage.......''oh, learn how to play, I don't need to explain myself to anyone, I roll what I want, you are all whimps, grow a pair and grow up''
Back to ignore list, and this time for the entire guild.
Remember that we had that commando healer, from the same guild as sage? While this all was playing out he was silent, at least in ops chat, wasn't making a fuss, and he was willing to stay with us for the remainder of the run.....by his own admission, it was his first EV run, so we took it nice and slowly, and explained everything to him, he listened, and did some nice heals....in the end, he got a shiny new vehicle, and a tank that will be on his disposal when he needs me.
Now, I might have been a d*** myself, but if you are a pug on mostly guild run, imo its a good manner to ask before you roll need on something that is really way below your level.
Sorry for the long post, and for the mistakes...sadly, no potato

LingBa
05.28.2013 , 04:17 AM | #224
Random GF to kill some time, Boarding Party pops, well geared 55 Operative healer and 55 Sniper (myself), lvl 52 Jugg tank with about 25k health and a lvl 50 Marauder with 14k health. Ok, I think, fresh 50, not a problem, we can easily carry him. 1st pull, Mara jumps in and dies, we complete pull with no dramas. 2nd pull exactly the same. 3rd pull and Mara has now taken off all armour and is down to 4k health. Various questions are raised and Mara claims he's done it because "he likes a challenge", healer says "don't be a d***, equip your armour or I won't heal you", Mara puts some armour back and says "there, 9k, that's plenty", last comment he saw before being unanimously vote kicked was tank saying "we think not"....

pan_sObak
05.28.2013 , 07:54 AM | #225
i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.
or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,
People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .
sometimes old low enhancements a better for min-max your stats
sometimes people do not have credits enough to rip off modes just now and here :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

mikebevo
05.28.2013 , 10:59 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
sometimes old low enhancements a better for min-max your stats
sometimes people do not have credits enough to rip off modes just now and here :-)
HM TfB guild run, sawbones wins offhand on Kephess The Undying, rips everything out of old offhand but crystal and augment as group runs off towards Terror. Sawbones closes up shop and runs after them. Sawbones proceeds to heal Terror without barrel, mod or enhancement in offhand. Group wipes after healer gets pulled into vortex despite rolling away from it as fast as possible. Still does not put stuff into offhand. Group wipes again when someone gets too close to adds. Sawbones escapes combat when leader calls wipe, so no long ride back, but still does not put mods back into offhand... What an idiot. After a few more wipes, Terror is dead. Finally sawbones turns in quest and goes back to ship. That was when I finally noticed I messed up (I was the sawbones) I apologize in ops chat and in guild chat for my mistake. I just didn't want the group waiting on me and figured I would do it before the pull, but somehow just forgot.

Looked at uploaded logs and I still did more hps and ehps than the other Sage healer (of course Sageís donít get credits for the bubbles), couldnít help with the wipe where I got pulled in, but I figure the other wipes were my fault as I may have been able to heal the group through the other mistakes.

Sometimes people just do silly things just because they make a stupid mistake, even when they are trying to do what is right by the group.

So I am the weirdest person I have seen in group play or in group finder.

Swaption
05.28.2013 , 06:29 PM | #227
That's why its better to have free roll rather than need on pug runs - so ppl don't have to gimp their gear for fear of not getting drops due to not "needing".
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

Eternalnight
05.29.2013 , 04:17 AM | #228
they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72
Assuming that by "mods" you don't mean mods specifically, but enhancements and armorings too, there is nothing strange about it.

If the 72 enhancement has bad stats in it (the most obvious but not the only example would be a piece of "tank" gear with alacrity on it) then even a 61 enhancement can be much better.

Likewise there are specs for whom 61 armorings with set bonus are much better than 72 armorings without set bonus.

And so on...

I find it much more strange that there are people who don't use the low level stuff when it is better.

pan_sObak
05.29.2013 , 05:38 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Sometimes people just do silly things just because they make a stupid mistake, even when they are trying to do what is right by the group.
So I am the weirdest person I have seen in group play or in group finder.
on Sunday running HM55 Hummer station as a healer i totally forgot about cleansing the tank of stucking debuff from frist boss - the big robo

we wiped 3 times because of me!!!
nobody remind me and it just slipped my mind :-(
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Subach
05.29.2013 , 01:12 PM | #230
I have never seen such successful trolling in my life.

Reading all these stories, I hate to say it, but the lot of you should have seen it coming.