Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

XP Gain

AndasKastor
05.27.2013 , 05:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
You could always not use the XP boosts and not get the legacy xp perks for that character if you really want to slow yourself down you know.
I never use an xp boost and have never bought a legacy unlock for xp boost. If you do all of the quests on a planet you will usually be over level for the first half of the next planet.

God forbid if you do the bonus series

Foresuto
05.27.2013 , 06:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maniacfox View Post
I find it curious that I keep acquiring XP boosters (sitting in my bank), yet my issue with XP is the opposite; I already acquire it too quickly.

I always have to a skip a fair number of missions, or make a decision that I am going to play one planet properly and just skim through the class missions on another to avoid heavily overlevelling. I feel it would be more valuable to get a debuff that reduces the rate at which I gain XP.

Is it just me or do other people have the same issue?
No. Move along.

Rankyn
05.27.2013 , 06:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AndasKastor View Post
I am afraid that you are missing the point. He (or she) would like challenging content at the level they are. As well as have a chance at improving gear at the same time..
But see, that's the problem... it's either/or.
You cannot improve your gear without increasing the level of your character and thus decreasing the challenge of the content.
You have to make a choice between the two.

You can experience the content without the challenge or you can have the challenge without the gear.

The scenario you're trying to describe isn't feasible within the framework of the game.

Mowermanx
05.27.2013 , 07:44 PM | #14
Unsub and go F2P, seriously, the XP nerf for F2P is spot on in keeping you at par for content.

Rankyn
05.27.2013 , 07:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Unsub and go F2P, seriously, the XP nerf for F2P is spot on in keeping you at par for content.
You know, I hadn't thought of that.
Buy some unlocks for your favorite convenience items off the GTN and then unsub.
That'll drop the XP gain down significantly while still allowing full access to all the quests.

DirtyDusty
05.27.2013 , 10:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Excellent idea! i hate being over lvled for content as well.

Nythain
05.27.2013 , 11:24 PM | #17
XP Nerfing and or Halting all together is such a horrible idea. I know PvP is just one aspect, but it would be near decimated as people halted their level advancement right before they need their big boy britches, just so they could twink out and feel awesome at pwning noobs in the low level warzones. Wait times for end game warzone and ops queues would increase beyond the already near absurd times that currently exist.

If you must feel "challenged", challenge yourself. Come up with creative and challenging ways to do content. Ranged DPS? Try taking on the next planet using your limited amount of melee abilities. Healer? Try respeccing to Tank or DPS and switching your companion for the next planet? While we're at it, do the next planet without a companion at all. Feel too powerful? Try out that crazy new build idea you had at some point but decided to to the "proper" route.

An xp reducing item in the CC would be an option, but as others have said, it probably won't happen because it won't bank much. *Most* players don't want to be under leveled and challenged... that's why the boosts are there to begin with. Players like progression. Players like power. Players want to continue forward without worrying about side content. Players have a lot of reasons for liking XP and not many reasons for disliking it.

johnhughthom
05.28.2013 , 01:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
But see, that's the problem... it's either/or.
You cannot improve your gear without increasing the level of your character and thus decreasing the challenge of the content.
You have to make a choice between the two.

You can experience the content without the challenge or you can have the challenge without the gear.

The scenario you're trying to describe isn't feasible within the framework of the game.
Which is entirely the point of the thread, bringing a new mechanic into the game that means it is no longer an either/or. An item to stop or slow xp would do exactly that, though I do understand the problems that would bring in PVP.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to argue that Bioware should implement such a gameplay device, I can accept there wouldn't be the market for it amongst players to make it worthwhile, I was simply trying to explain the mindset behind wanting such a device.

I have considered unsubbing, but it is too much hassle for what is, at worst, a minor annoyance to me.

Toweleeeie
05.28.2013 , 02:08 AM | #19
Must be your 1st toon OP.
Can I has more Sandbox?

Nkya
05.28.2013 , 02:22 AM | #20
If planets are designed for a certain level, it should be possible to play them at this level. But it's not.
People wanting to level up faster do it easily running all missions and bonus (and flashpoints, warzone) and are helped with the xp boosts for more.
People wanting to match the content's level have not such an option. They have to skip content, become free to play, not join any guild and avoid playing during the double XP week ends. This is not satisfying.