Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operator IX TFB HM

Kitru
05.26.2013 , 03:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rahizm View Post
Instead of putting DPS in the center, the tanks and healers go in the center with the DPS on the panels. The reason for this is survivability. Those adds can only be TAUNTED to get aggro on. On BLUE and PURPLE phase 2 adds will always spawn. It makes more sense to have two tanks available than one on the panel.
The adds only come once every 45 seconds or so. With a single tank, you can burn your AoE taunt every time and get them both.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Eternalnight
05.26.2013 , 03:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The adds only come once every 45 seconds or so. With a single tank, you can burn your AoE taunt every time and get them both.
This is true in most cases and to add to that even if the tank has somehow used up his aoe taunt, all he really need to do is single taunt the one add that is going for the button clicker so it does not get to interrupt him.

The other add will most likely go for the person standing in the middle and that add can be stunned, slowed, pushed or pulled away by both the tank and the person standing in the middle until either it dies or the tank's taunt comes out of cooldown again.

There is no reason not to have tanks to do the clicking.

Eternalnight
05.26.2013 , 03:43 PM | #13
What I am used to is

Blue: DPS and Healer - dps, if melee, on button
Orange: Healer and ranged DPS - healer on button
Purple: Tank and DPS - Tank on button
Yellow: Tank and ranged DPS - Tank on button

Vishnell
05.26.2013 , 04:04 PM | #14
Middle/Channel
Blue: mDPS/mDPS
Orange: rDPS/Tank
Purple: rDPS/Heal
Yellow: Heal/Tank

Orange Phase: The rDPS in the middle, a tank, and the healers will be able to kill (or very close) the first Regulator before the 2nd one spawns. DPS running from one core to the other throw a couple of dots or hits as they run by.

Purple Phase: Kill one core and DPS the 2nd one low. Fail on purpose and burn the adds that spawn. Heal up and kill the last core.

Yellow Phase: 3 DPS work purely on the cores, a 4th DPS will only kill the Regulators that spawn. The lone-DPS should have no problem killing the first regulator before the 2nd on spawns. Again, the 3-DPS will throw a couple DOTs and hits on the Regulator as they run by. The 3 DPS on the cores will burn them down with a lot of time to spare.

My guild has been running it this way since the raid was released and rarely fail.

NoFishing
05.27.2013 , 02:06 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
We set ours up a little different. With the way I set our group up, we don't purposely fail any phase
Our strat and methodology exactly. Yes, this fight did get a bit harder in 2.0, mostly on the healers. We usually have one DPS pause momentarily between cores to lay down an AoE on any adds that are in the middle...but only momentarily. We don't fail any phase, have a DPS in the middle of orange with a healer clicking. From yellow on, it pretty much takes both healers working full time to deal with the incoming damage.

Ausgelebt
05.27.2013 , 03:43 AM | #16
DPS/DPS BLUE
DPS/DPS ORANGE
HEAL/TANK PURPLE
HEAL/TANK YELLOW

range dps middle, melee dps channel, range kills adds

if problems in yellow phase-> in purple phase only kill 1 data core, only kill the other until 10% then let it fail, kill rectifier and all adds start yellow phase

I solo 1 core in yellow phase and 2 dds do the other

Diegles
05.27.2013 , 04:20 AM | #17
Since I did it 8man and 16man pre 2.0 and now 16man post 2.0 as a healer I would like to point out that this fight is exactly the same except a few details.

Tried it once 8man post 2.0, was a bad raidnight so it didn't go so well, but all in all I found 8man to be the exact same as it used to be.

in 16-man my guild had issues to start with, because of the insane damage increase in phase 2, when you need to run into the colors to stop the boss from doing ticking damage on the whole raid.
For 16-man Hardmode Operator IX we do as following:
Spoiler

Riplin
05.27.2013 , 08:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Our strat and methodology exactly. Yes, this fight did get a bit harder in 2.0, mostly on the healers. We usually have one DPS pause momentarily between cores to lay down an AoE on any adds that are in the middle...but only momentarily. We don't fail any phase, have a DPS in the middle of orange with a healer clicking. From yellow on, it pretty much takes both healers working full time to deal with the incoming damage.
Yes, yellow is usually when our 2nd healer starts helping out to heal. However our last time in there, we didn't kill him cause was teaching someone new to the fight, but my 2nd healer did very little healing. I didn't know this till after the fight when looked at the parse. We wiped in 2nd phase cause someone didn't get in color circle, was close to half way through phase and I wasn't having to much trouble with only light heals from the 2nd healer. I was close 900k healing while other healer was around 150k but he had also put out close to 400k damage at full heal spec. That's why I mentioned about may be trying my 2nd healer as a hybrid to put out more dps but still be able to throw decent heals to help me out.

I made sure to mention twice in my post that in order to use our strat exactly you need a Very strong main healer. I have not tried it this way with out me being the main healer as a scoundrel...a lot easier for scoundrels to be able to throw hots on dps to keep them up while still being able to focus the majority of our heals to the tanks that need it most. I am not sure if other classes can do it with out significantly more help from the 2nd healer. When I was the one that was mainly dpsing during blue/orange/purple...I would drop back to help heal cause usually the other healer gets over whelmed a bit while champs are up.

This big key to mainly solo healing it is the timing of your heals with the healing debuff on tanks. Coordinate with the tank if they get a double debuff that they may need to use a cool down until you can get a full heal on them.

I wouldn't advise trying to solo heal unless your healer is decently geared as well. I am far from bis. I have full 69's with few mods/enhancement still to min/max and Verpine implants, bracers, offhand. I am planning to drop my crit/surge a bit to get some more alacrity to be able to keep 2 stacks of my hots on all 8 during phase 2 and have a little more time to throw a couple casts on the tanks before I have to renew my hots.

Edit: Something else I thought I should mention. If you do try to use our strat and mainly solo heal, your main healer should be on blue in order to get their color sphere right away so don't have to worry about it during the fight.

2nd Edit: Here is a video of the way we used to do it pre 2.0 with me mainly dpsing during cores had a sage main healing. We did loose a tank part way though cause I didn't drop back to help heal soon enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGSG8F1a2Gg

Thundergulch
05.28.2013 , 06:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rahizm View Post
My guild's tactic is flawless.

Blue: Tank + DPS
Orange: Heal + DPS
Purple: Tank + DPS
Yellow: Heal + DPS.

Instead of putting DPS in the center, the tanks and healers go in the center with the DPS on the panels. The reason for this is survivability. Those adds can only be TAUNTED to get aggro on. On BLUE and PURPLE phase 2 adds will always spawn. It makes more sense to have two tanks available than one on the panel.

Also, having 4 dps available on yellow isn't a necessity anymore. We easily got yellow down with 3 DPS only. Just make sure your DPS have their relics and offensive cooldowns available. Having a Sentinel makes things easier too .

The reason for heals in the center is so that healer can keep the tanks alive, the other healer can work on the rest of the group and throwing minor DPS on the cores. And yes we also fail purple.

When your DPS down the second core of each phase, let them at the one to it's right, it'll be the next one. Ofcourse one DPS has to move to the panel next.

You want your tanks to deal with the adds constantly. Our tanks (I'm one of them) pull the adds close together with their backs against eachother, and we use AOE damage. It will take those adds down faster. When your DPS is running from a destroyed core to the one across from there, they can throw in a fast instant AOE attack if they have any (Sticky / Thermal grenade or a cone attack like Twin Saber Throw).

After orange phase, let the DPS kill the regulators (you should have only 2 up) and make sure they immediately resume to core killing. If they can get a core down before purple ends, you should be fine. When it announces that purple phase failed, everyone should be on the Rectifier, then resume to killing the cores asap.

I hope this helps.

PS: Make sure each group gets their spheres!!!
This is how we do it also. For those putting dps in the center, they're just making it harder on themselves.

Powerinfusion
07.20.2013 , 09:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
This is how we do it also. For those putting dps in the center, they're just making it harder on themselves.
Our guild does it this way too, actually heal/tank/heal/tank with dps channeling every phase as was suggested in another post, and we usually one-shot the encounter with little difficulty.

The bottom line is that there is certainly no consensus as to the "right" way to do this. Find what works for you, and stick with it. Be prepared to spend plenty of hours working on it though. I have worked with several guilds who give up after 3 or 4 attempts and "let's just do SM". As stated earlier this is the most difficult encounter in all of TFB, and arguably more difficult than any in HM S&V, Styrak presents an extremely tight enrage timer and Thrasher and Titan 6 are tough on the healers, but none present a more difficult set of mechanics where 1 mistake by anyone in the raid very often results in a wipe.