Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to improve lowbie crafting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to improve lowbie crafting

DarthMaulUK
05.25.2013 , 12:11 PM | #1
Some of the most expensive items in the game happen to be at the lowest level when it comes to crafted items - especially cybertech.

The crew skill missions have far too many useless missions when really they should have more Metal ones. New players shouldnt have to fork out huge amounts of money to get their mods early doors. Cmon Bioware have a look please

asbalana
05.26.2013 , 08:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Some of the most expensive items in the game happen to be at the lowest level when it comes to crafted items - especially cybertech.

The crew skill missions have far too many useless missions when really they should have more Metal ones. New players shouldnt have to fork out huge amounts of money to get their mods early doors. Cmon Bioware have a look please
You don't have to craft to get early level mods, armoring, etc. Just cash in your PCs which drop like rain on a sweet summer day or run your 55 through low level heroics and suck them up like a vacuum cleaner gone wild.

Asavrede
05.26.2013 , 09:19 AM | #3
like rain... a vacuum cleaner gone wild. Dude, what are you smoking?

mike_is_valid
05.26.2013 , 08:07 PM | #4
While planetary comms may not drop like rain, they are fairly easy to come by. Not to forget that WZ comms can be exchanged to PC now. There is no NEED for any crafted gear piece during the whole leveling process, moddable items drop in the early FP and armor/mods/barrels/hilts come from the PC vendors. In fact i don't recommend a low level first toon to take up crafting at all, better to stick to gathering skills to get some money.

asbalana
05.27.2013 , 09:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
like rain... a vacuum cleaner gone wild. Dude, what are you smoking?
I live in Washington state.

asbalana
05.27.2013 , 09:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_is_valid View Post
While planetary comms may not drop like rain, they are fairly easy to come by. Not to forget that WZ comms can be exchanged to PC now. There is no NEED for any crafted gear piece during the whole leveling process, moddable items drop in the early FP and armor/mods/barrels/hilts come from the PC vendors. In fact i don't recommend a low level first toon to take up crafting at all, better to stick to gathering skills to get some money.
Moddable gear is available (cheap) as CM resales on the GTN and through the social vendor as well - at least if you do not care how your character looks at the earliest levels before you can get better from drops or through PCs. PCs give moddable gear as well as mods as you progress.

DarthMaulUK
05.28.2013 , 05:47 AM | #7
I actually make lots of money from selling lowbie mods such as Armour/mods/enhancements etc. However, the crew skill missions yield are so low, especially for Scavenging metals. I just want a slight increase either in the yield, or the an increase in the amount of Metal missions instead of Gifts and fabric,

Jimvinny
05.28.2013 , 08:24 AM | #8
I actually make lots of money from selling lowbie mods such as Armour/mods/enhancements etc. However, the crew skill missions yield are so low, especially for Scavenging metals. I just want a slight increase either in the yield, or the an increase in the amount of Metal missions instead of Gifts and fabric,
So you already make a lot of money, but you want bioware to make it easier for you to make even MORE money. Got it.

asbalana
05.28.2013 , 08:40 AM | #9
I did before 2.0, but as far as I can tell that now because of the new Planetary Commendation system, that market is dead. I do see purples listed, but forget about blues. Perhaps there is a niche market for the purples and there is money to be made there. My own experience is that XP is much faster and blues so easy to get from PCs that one ends up a few levels above content without trying and with the blues everything is pretty much faceroll. The purples are way overkill.

Things are at the point with me that I don't even bother to craft any mods/armoring/enhancements even though I have the recipies and cargo holds full of the mats. I usually find that regular content with a few heroics thrown in yeild enough PCs to upgrade my gear every two levels or my and companions gear every four levels. Need extra PCs? Just quickly run your 55s through low level heroics.

So let me know what you are selling to lower level characters by modification type, rarity, and level. I am much curious.

Sziroten
05.29.2013 , 01:35 AM | #10
There is no reason to craft/ buy low mods, especially since it takes hours to craft all mods for all slots including getting the resources.

Not sure what Bioware's was thinking making planetary comms actually useful but completely negating craftet mods pre lvl 50.
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir