Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relog Relog Relog and Relog again..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Relog Relog Relog and Relog again..

ilifus
05.20.2013 , 07:44 AM | #1
I just log off and log in 7 times until i get the mission i want for my profession! Things like this makes delete this game. Will you EA ever going to do something about it? if you want to decrease the production you can just put a cooldown to the missions, but making players relog it's insane!

Because of this i hate crafting..
- We are not responsible for missed subscriptions!

Thundergulch
05.20.2013 , 07:55 AM | #2
LOL!
The rage is strong with this one.

wainot-keel
05.20.2013 , 07:58 AM | #3
Probably faster going from ship/fleet is the fastest.
But I agree, it's a crappy mechanic we need to execute in order to get the materials we need.

I wonder if EA has a subsidiary company selling SSD drives, lol

znihilist
05.20.2013 , 07:58 AM | #4
http://www.psychologistworld.com/superstition.php
Come on people!

Quote:
The experiment might be said to demonstrate a sort of superstition. The bird behaves as if there were a causal relation between its behavior and the presentation of food, although such a relation is lacking. There are many analogies in human behavior. Rituals for changing one's fortune at cards are good examples. A few accidental connections between a ritual and favorable consequences suffice to set up and maintain the behavior in spite of many unreinforced instances. The bowler who has released a ball down the alley but continues to behave as if she were controlling it by twisting and turning her arm and shoulder is another case in point. These behaviors have, of course, no real effect upon one's luck or upon a ball half way down an alley, just as in the present case the food would appear as often if the pigeon did nothing—or, more strictly speaking, did something else.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

DarthTHC
05.20.2013 , 08:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Probably faster going from ship/fleet is the fastest.
But I agree, it's a crappy mechanic we need to execute in order to get the materials we need.

I wonder if EA has a subsidiary company selling SSD drives, lol
The answer is that they're afraid of the performance hit from putting "all" the missions in our lists.

To that, I say: There are some missions that are designed to be painfully sub-optimal in efficiency. Remove those, then give us everything that's left in the list.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

wainot-keel
05.20.2013 , 09:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
The answer is that they're afraid of the performance hit from putting "all" the missions in our lists.
How can that be a hit to performance and briniging your schematic book with hundreds and hundreds of items isn't ?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
To that, I say: There are some missions that are designed to be painfully sub-optimal in efficiency. Remove those, then give us everything that's left in the list.
If we're talking about the 400+ missions, yes, some have to be removed entirely, since they're more useless that lower grades with companion gifts.

uniz
05.21.2013 , 02:45 PM | #7
i spy with my cybernetic eye a slicing mission only guy

Khevar
05.21.2013 , 09:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ilifus View Post
I just log off and log in 7 times until i get the mission i want for my profession! Things like this makes delete this game. Will you EA ever going to do something about it? if you want to decrease the production you can just put a cooldown to the missions, but making players relog it's insane!

Not sure which missions you're trying to run, but if you're not already doing this, here's how you should be relogging for missions:

1. Send ALL your companions out on missions, even the crappy ones.
2. Relog (or go from ship/fleet)
3. You'll have 5 missions running, AND 5 more available in the list. 99% of the time this will include all of the missions you are looking for.
4. Cancel ONE crappy mission a crew member is running.
5. Send that crew member back out on the desirable mission.
6. Repeat as needed.

Never ever ever cancel more than one mission at a time, or you will lose the good missions that just refreshed.

While this doesn't solve the problem of relogging, you should only ever have to relog ONCE.

MickyJuulke
05.25.2013 , 02:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ilifus View Post

Totally agree, one of the worst mechanics I ever encountered in a MMO.

Kytea
05.25.2013 , 11:53 PM | #10
I usually just switch instance and most of the time I get the mission I wanted.
It's not impossible. It's just improbable.