Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree In-Game Event Returns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

claprath
05.24.2013 , 10:33 PM | #171
The event is still occurring and I have apparently reached the maximum amount of reputation for the week, but the event is only a week. How can I achieve "friendly" status if I can't get more reputation?

Aries_cz
05.25.2013 , 03:58 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by claprath View Post
The event is still occurring and I have apparently reached the maximum amount of reputation for the week, but the event is only a week. How can I achieve "friendly" status if I can't get more reputation?
Stock up on Tokens, and use them once the limit reset on Tuesday. If you will not get enough tokens, you will have to wait for the next return of the Grey Secant this summer
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

tensaix
05.25.2013 , 07:49 PM | #173
I hope BW make the vendor still available post gree event, i have enough comm. to hit Legend
Radix malorum est EA

TheLunarflower
05.25.2013 , 09:48 PM | #174
You should also make an event that everybody of all levels or atleast mid levels can attend. I think this event is cool- I haven't participated in it yet and I CAN'T because I'm not level 45 OR 55. :C

Aries_cz
05.26.2013 , 11:01 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by tensaix View Post
I hope BW make the vendor still available post gree event, i have enough comm. to hit Legend
Vendors have always been available even outside the event.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

tensaix
05.26.2013 , 09:50 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Vendors have always been available even outside the event.
Sweet =D
Radix malorum est EA

GOALZAR
05.27.2013 , 10:36 AM | #177
What time does gree event stop the 28th?

Kadin
05.27.2013 , 02:26 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by GOALZAR View Post
What time does gree event stop the 28th?
Pretty sure it's shuts down at 5am Pacific Time which is the normal time the servers reset on a daily basis. But the fact that maintenance is extended for Wed morning instead, maybe this got pushed out by one day? I can't say definitively one way or the other.
"Kadin Kohle of Bria 2003-2011 - R.I.P SWG"
═══
═══════════════

shadmanfl
05.27.2013 , 11:41 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
I agree heartily -- please keep this in place till 2.2 launches, that way those of us who missed it earlier can get some nice toys too.

If I go all-out this week with my 4 characters at 50+, I can probably "store up" enough reputation to have enough reputation saved up to hit Champion in 3 weeks, but bleh, it really shouldn't be necessary.

As to why this event returns while the Chevin scavenger hunt and the Rakghoul event haven't, this one actually has an in-game reason for returning but the others don't. The Cheving thing in particular was supposed to be a prelude to the Return of the Gree anyway, and they are now here -- as per the Terror from Beyond operation. (IMO, It probably wouldn't hurt to see a Gree-themed Flashpoint in addition to that).

I know these events must take a lot of planning and implementation work, so that one-off events will probably not be part of the business model from now on, but please don't abandon them!
Agree, please extend until 2.2

Ancaglon
05.28.2013 , 07:41 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Also, level 45 (altough level 50 would be better, as it looks like someone forgot to turn on the bolster in the area) is not that huge time investment.
This wasn't an oversight, apparently people were using Bolster to power-level -- they got their stats boosted up to level 50 blues level, they killed the level 50 mobs, and got the XP which was way higher than they would do by killing stuff near their level.

The result of Bolster being turned off, however, has meant two things:
  1. a level 45 has next to no chance to do the missions themselves -- they can barely hit anything at level 45, and even at 46 it's pretty iffy.
  2. no Expertise for PVE-geared players -- so it's a free-kill zone for that part of the PVP crowd that thinks killing fresh sub-55s, and 55s that don't have a current PVP set, either on their faction or the opposite one, makes them feel superior.
Next time around, Bioware, if you really want to prevent bolster being abused, try creating a "reverse bolster" effect that strips the effect of Expertise out completely, and then only the truly dedicated PVPers will go out of their way to take on fights without a gear advantage.

And, on PVE servers, outside the explicit PVP areas, should never be possible to attack a PVP-flagged player without actively turning on your own PVP flag -- rather than allowing griefers to run into AE damage to flag unsuspecting people -- same should go for healing/buffing flagged "friendlies" to prevent abuses of that also.