Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
05.24.2013 , 02:48 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
If 2.2 is targeted for a June 11th release, then shouldn't it be up on the PTS by now? Or at least ready to be on PTS next week after the holiday?

I figured with the stuff that slipped though the cracks due to 2.1 not getting the PTS treatment, BW would play it safe and get some extra testing in.
They use local (in Austin) alpha and beta player test teams mostly now days I believe. And they would be following a content test and regression script of some form. Which will not catch everything IMO. But neither will PTS.

PTS has limited real test value except for massive patches (like 2.0). It simply does not find a lot of bugs (it finds some for sure) because players are not following any organized test plan. It's all adhoc...unpredictable, and not all bugs found would automatically get fixed before live patch anyway.

All PTS really does is it lets players advance consume content before live patch, thus creating even more player angst about wanting more content.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

chuixupu
05.24.2013 , 02:50 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
They never will though, so in an ideal world, yes, it would be better if the event was edited to make it seem like a post-Gree event. But given that they've pretty much confirmed class stories are over, I imagine they will avoid doing voice work wherever and whenever they can
They're recording some voice work right now, according to Charles Boyd's (writer) tweets. And they recently said voice work is no issue itself, just the Q&A involved in many diverging storylines. Doing some stand alone voice work is easy. In the Chevin event, our own characters didn't even talk. It was really just the two faction quest givers talking, letters in the mail, and some alien chatter. That's super easy for them to re-edit.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Mevan
05.24.2013 , 02:52 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
They're recording some voice work right now, according to Charles Boyd's (writer) tweets. And they recently said voice work is no issue itself, just the Q&A involved in many diverging storylines. Doing some stand alone voice work is easy. In the Chevin event, our own characters didn't even talk. It was really just the two faction quest givers talking, letters in the mail, and some alien chatter. That's super easy for them to re-edit.
Doubt they will regardless. Personally I just want to event to come back, whether they edit it or not. Rakghoul event is the one I want to see most though. The other two don't come close to being as much fun as that was.

BruceMaclean
05.24.2013 , 02:58 PM | #324 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by jleroy View Post
Disappointed in the lack of PVP Content. I do not do ops or fp. I level alts do dailies and pvp. I love this game but this lack of new maps is really getting old. Maybe you can give us pvpers a taste of whats coming in 2.4....PLEASE!!! need something to look forward to.
PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Chrisarn
05.24.2013 , 03:01 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
PvP players! I’d love to be able to tell you more about what’s coming in 2.4 and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer. To be clear on the scope of what I was hinting at, we are not going to get closer and just say ‘huzzah, a new Warzone!’ We are working very hard on larger PvP features that everyone will enjoy but are especially targeted at our more hardcore PvP community.
This is the kind of thing you always do, YOU DONT GIVE US ANY INFORMATION, you just try to smooth-talk with hints of what's to come, your PvP community is shattered by the news of no content till 2.4 and this is what you have to say?

Man up and give us some info to put us to rest.

What ever happend to the PvP content shortly after 2.0?
May the Force be with you.

OldSpiceSwag
05.24.2013 , 03:01 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by brucemaclean View Post
… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to game update 2.4. /rubshands
NO! don't do this!

mclammitys
05.24.2013 , 03:01 PM | #327
To little to late
Fluffy The Drunk Assas.... Shadow =)
Guild: Harbinger
Role: GM
Raiting: +3,9K My Stream

falcon_Xtreme
05.24.2013 , 03:03 PM | #328
<snip>
This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands
since its all pipelines dreams and subject to change , why not give us a morsel of information about the super secret space project? perhaps that will keep us at bay for a couple weeks. , BEWARE , the community is hungry and crazy, either steal EricMusco thick skin or let him ghost write for you, either way thats your only chance for survival.
REDZONE & PROUD!

Korusus
05.24.2013 , 03:03 PM | #329
Why even bring this up?

chuixupu
05.24.2013 , 03:03 PM | #330
Cool, thanks for giving us what information you can. I think for a lot of people 2.4 just seems so far away, when it's been so long since the last pvp update has come. I hope you can share more details with us in the near future.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant