Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange Gear and Armor Rating

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Orange Gear and Armor Rating

Jagrevi
12.21.2011 , 04:58 PM | #1
Can someone explain to me the relationship between Orange Gear, Armor Rating, Armoring, Base Armor, and Other Mods / Level Requirements, etc?

If I put an Level 50 Armoring mod in a Level 50 Orange Heavy Armor PvP gear, and a duplicate Armoring in a Level 10 Light Armor Orange and a piece of Social Gear, do they all have the same Armor stat?

This does not feel clear to me, and I've gotten contradictory information from different people.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel

Taran_Tatsuuchi
12.21.2011 , 05:01 PM | #2
The armoring mod has a 'rating' that rating is used in a formula which includes the 'type' of armor to determine how much actual armor that mod gives the piece.

The same armoring in the same type of armor will produce the same armor value.

Heavy armor with the same armoring as a lighter armor will still have more armor than the lighter one.

Jagrevi
12.21.2011 , 05:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Taran_Tatsuuchi View Post
The armoring mod has a 'rating' that rating is used in a formula which includes the 'type' of armor to determine how much actual armor that mod gives the piece.

The same armoring in the same type of armor will produce the same armor value.

Heavy armor with the same armoring as a lighter armor will still have more armor than the lighter one.
Awesome. Thank you for clearing this up.

I wish the Social gear wasn't all Light than though =/

This means, really, the only people who can get away with raiding in them are Consulars and Inquisitors.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel