Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Belacose
05.23.2013 , 07:14 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by schmel View Post
I would have actually wanted to transfer a toon or two TO Jung Ma. But I'm too put off by all the negative things I've heard on these forums and in game from the people who are actually there.
The sad part is that the population size has grown the last couple months to become about the perfect size IMO but many people have said that they're going to bail when server transfers arrive thus depleting our population once again. The only problem I have with this is that I already know I'm going to lose most of my character's names if I leave because I already tried creating the names again on the other two PVP servers and they're already taken.

Fastdoze
05.23.2013 , 07:54 PM | #102
I feel inclined to say, "JUST GIVE US OUR DAMN TRANSFERS ALREADY!!!" Forget about bugs, and other such things, we've all grown accustomed to patch releases containing major bugs, and then recurring patches to fix the bugs the previous patch created, and then patch that patch and so on. One day you may get it correct and release a patch without bugs and other issues that some schmuck doesn't pick up, but forget about that, and just give us our transfers NOW!!! just based on how long we've waited for them with toons on servers we no longer want to, or do actually play on any longer, do forget about every little bug, as we've come to expect them, and give us transfers now.

Fastdoze
05.23.2013 , 07:58 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by birdsomething View Post
Why does everyone continually complain about bioware? If you hate them so much, stop playing and go make a better game yourself for other people to complain about
because they have a great game with so much potential, but its been noted multiple times before that they failed to listen well enough to their player base and didn't release content or whatever it may be that was more a priority for the majority than what was actually released, at points in time.

Sevryn
05.24.2013 , 09:21 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Nostramas View Post
The Correct phrasing is "Champing at the bit"
Champing is a dead word in the English language today, and rarely seen outside of this phrase. Chomping is also correct, due to contemporization of the word, as well as the phrase. Both are correct. One is old school, the other is modern. Like the difference between colour and color. Both are correct.

As for what Eric stated en toto... I am glad they are FINALLY giving us more of a time frame, for something that Should have been available right off the bat.
I hope they keep it simple. $25 per character transfer seems to be the accepted standard model. This would be a good choice, as it would prevent a sudden lopsided flood of character drain on any given server. With the exception of guild transfers, it seems most of us really only have 1 - 4 toons we would like to transfer.

As for the cartel nonsense, I have to say I am (as a subber since launch) highly disappointed in the double jeopardy purchase system, as well.
It is bad business, Eric, to charge a subscription for a service and then charge additionally for basic things in that service that should come with it.
If you plan to piece part all additional items and content for this game, then someone at Bioware needs to announce it (and perhaps it was... but I never came across it) and let us all know, this month, that from here on out, our subscription only gives us a few basic perks and will not account for anything new, as far as content, species additions, cosmetics, transfers, name changes, etc., etc.
This is like going into a restaurant and finding out your $15 pays for the dinner plate and a pickle... but the burger, fries, drink, napkin, and trip to the restroom are all extra.

Tells us up front. No more surprises. No more secrets.

Sevryn Blakk - StarSider; Chi'ana - The Shadowlands - XFOR; Tzev'rin / John'Aeryn / Morrganna / Alondria - The Ebon Hawk - Republic, The Thirteenth Legion; Gothiqa / Sanguina / Nee'kolai / Bathori - The Ebon Hawk - Empire, Vindicta

Icebergy
05.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #105
No mention of transfers in 2.2 on that new developer timeline post...does that mean that plan is scrapped again already?
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 3/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

iamthehoyden
05.24.2013 , 12:08 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
No mention of transfers in 2.2 on that new developer timeline post...does that mean that plan is scrapped again already?
They're probably still on the list for 2.2. The summer roadmap is likely a list of the major upcoming pieces, not exhaustive.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Nothematic
05.24.2013 , 12:09 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
They're probably still on the list for 2.2. The summer roadmap is likely a list of the major upcoming pieces, not exhaustive.
I would have thought they'd be shouting transfers from the rooftops considering thousands of people have been asking for them for months.

Concerning there wasn't even a mention.
Coastas - 55 Marauder | Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Enairo - 55 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Icebergy
05.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
I would have thought they'd be shouting transfers from the rooftops considering thousands of people have been asking for them for months.

^This
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 3/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

EricMusco
05.24.2013 , 12:16 PM | #109 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
It is absolutely still our plan to have character transfers hit in 2.2. The Summer plan was specifically our content plan, so it didn't seem like a good place to mention a convenience feature like transfers. Don't worry, nothing changed, I will tell you if anything does!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

iamthehoyden
05.24.2013 , 12:16 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post

I would have thought they would have mentioned it too. However, it's been stated a number of times that they were aiming for 2.1 and then moved it to 2.2 and the last post we have specifically on the topic from Eric was recent and said 2.2. Given that this was a roadmap for the next couple months, I think it's quite likely it's still on tap for 2.2.

It better be on tap for 2.2. The length of time this has taken has been frustrating.

Edit: Ninja'd by Eric
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box