Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'Unable To Load Application Configuration'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
'Unable To Load Application Configuration'

Dangerouzxtc
05.24.2013 , 05:21 AM | #1
Hello,
I am getting an 'Unable To Load Application Configuration' message each time i try to load my 'Launcher.exe'
I am using Windows 7 Home (x86), I updated all of my Windows Updates. I made an extra user profile on my computer with administrative rights & tried to run the launcher through there. Still the same 'unable to load application configuration' came out again. I am a Subscriber, i would not like for my subscription to go to waste! This has been happening on & off for sometime now. Now, it wont let me play Star Wars at all! I am a bit upset, I just want to play. If someone could help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Dangerouzxtc
05.24.2013 , 05:58 AM | #3
Thank you for your reply!
The first link you sent me i have tried, i went into Safe Mode with Networking. Ran the launcher.exe & let it update. Then 'Repaired Program'. But still i get the the same 'Unable to load application config'
How would i go about trying the second link steps?

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 06:27 AM | #4
Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools

Click on Services , they are listed there

Dangerouzxtc
05.24.2013 , 06:35 AM | #5
I enable all the listed Services, Still getting the same 'Unable to load application configuration'

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 06:44 AM | #6
I gather you tried a clean boot so also found this

edit - deleted

You have set the launcher.exe and swtor.exe to run as administrator ? , find file , right mouse click select properties and tick ,"run as administrator"

Dangerouzxtc
05.24.2013 , 06:54 AM | #7
I got Star Wars to launch after i restarted my computer, & logged into my second user profile with admin rights.
I do not know if the problem is fixed, or if it is just letting me play.
If the problem happens again in the future i will bump this thread.
For now, im going to level my Powertech nonstop since i didn't get to play yesterday.

Dangerouzxtc
05.24.2013 , 11:03 PM | #8
'Unable To Load Application Configuration' Message has started to happen again, It only let me play for some time and then it started to mess up. I am a Subscriber and I am upset with this, If I could be compensated or speak to someone from Customer Support that would be great.

OwenBrooks
05.25.2013 , 01:02 AM | #9
You have done this with the exe files in the second profile ?
You have set the launcher.exe and swtor.exe to run as administrator ? , find file , right mouse click select properties and tick ,"run as administrator" on the compatibility tab

Can you post up a dxdiag as well to see basic details of your system