Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game settings resetting after BSOD

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game settings resetting after BSOD
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yper
05.24.2013 , 05:54 AM | #1
Hello,

I am an overclocking enthusiast and I am constantly tweaking my PC which results into frequent BSOD's while playing SWTOR.

After each BSOD, SWTOR self-reverts into vanilla (default?) settings losing all my performance and game settings preferences. Is there a way to prevent this?

Is there a file where game and graphics settings get saved? Maybe it is possible to make a copy of this file and just paste it into the relevant SWTOR directory after each BSOD so as to save myself the trouble of re-entering my preferences after each BSOD?

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 06:51 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Yper,

These can be found in the settings folder. You can get to this by pressing the Windows Key and R and entering: %localappdata%/swtor/swtor

The locations for the various settings are:
Graphics: settings/Client_settings
UI: settings/GUIProfiles
Chat : settings/heXXXX_charactername_playerGUIState
heXXXX refers to the server's internal name(for example, he6122 is Tomb of Freedon Nadd), and you can use that with charactername to make sure you're saving the relevant files.

Keybinds are stored server-side.

The Account & AccountDev files contain minor info ("starting movies watched" and default login server respectively) and aren't really worth the effort of preserving.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Yper
05.24.2013 , 06:59 AM | #3
Many thanks. :-)