Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game will not launch

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThrustorPrime
05.24.2013 , 03:15 AM | #1
I got an "This program encountered an internal error and will exit" prompt. Also, "Error code: C2"

Any ideas?

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 03:23 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi ThrustorPrime,

How far do you get before this error occurs? have you always had this, or has it only started now.

Please try restarting your computer, and once that completes, please run a copy of the game setup file over your existing install. You can get a fresh copy of this file here

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ThrustorPrime
05.24.2013 , 04:13 AM | #3
Beesodd,
Thanks for the reply. This just started this morning, had been working fine before. I did as requested, restarted computer, ran file, still same results.

The problem happens right after I hit the Play button on launcher.

I haven't changed anything recently on the computer.

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 04:25 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for that. According to my arcane list of rarely seen error codes, this is networking-related (though network issues normally manifest differently). Please try power cycling your router, opening your ports, and removing & re-adding the game client and launcher to your firewall and AV exceptions lists(in case they had a sneaky update and have decided that they don't like the game now).

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ThrustorPrime
05.24.2013 , 05:54 AM | #5
I have done as requested, as much as possible, and the problem still remains. Restarted computer, and nothing has changed.

I'm at a loss.

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 06:08 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I see, this is odd alright. Just in case it's relevant or if a pattern emerges with this error, what Anti-virus do you use?

As for troubleshooting the issue, please try restarting with a Clean Boot. If that has no effect, please try creating another Windows User profile and see if that has any effect.

ThrustorPrime
05.24.2013 , 06:26 AM | #7
I'm using Norton 360, but the game has been running for months on this setup. I'm deeply concerned about jumping through so many hoops and risking possible damage to my computer just to play SWTOR.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 06:36 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Don't worry, the steps we are trying are quite benign, and are either very common troubleshooting steps or testing out different situations to see when the issue manifests.

We have seen issues with Norton 360 blocking the game before, but it normally manifests in a different manner. I know you mentioned trying this step before, but can you double check that there's nothing that may be blocked. Be sure to check that nothing's quarantined, and that both the launcher.exe (which is in the main game folder and seems to be working ok) and the swtor.exe (which can be found in the "swtor" folder, which itself is in the main game folder) are not being blocked.

Also, if the error code changes from C2 at any point during troubleshooting, please let us know.

ThrustorPrime
05.24.2013 , 10:19 PM | #9
Well, now, this is interesting. While changing nothing else, I came back tonight and tried the launcher again. Same prompt as before.

Out of nothing more than desperation, I clicked on Settings, then Repair. A prompt came up: "Repairing 3 files." It rolled on for 6-7 minutes, doing the repair scan.

I went through the launch attempt again, this time it worked. I played the game some, exited and launched it again. It worked normally both times.

Just a thought, but when you experience a launch problem, you might want to try a file repair before doing anything else drastic.

YMMV.