Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible Game Performance After Patch 2.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Terrible Game Performance After Patch 2.1

Yper
05.24.2013 , 05:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by myrddinmelana View Post
I think I speak for a vast majority of players when I say performance performance after 2.1 is terrible.

***Primary Issue***
Slow Graphic Rendering

Examples
On fleet Bank, Mail Box, or any other small clickable loads very slowly. On my system it was immediate now it takes 10-20 seconds after I load fleet.

***Major Issue***
This became very apparent when doing S&V 16 Man HM Boss 7 Dread Master Styrak
*Constantly tanks were reporting the dragon spit was not rendering.... (We used sorc pulls to save tanks)
*Repeatedly members would report rendering issue right after being returned from a nightmare. The raid wiping issue was the 8 force ghosts not rendering for some players. Trying to get in Melee range to prevent obliterate on a mob that has not rendered is a major issue.
*After multiple issue all having to do with things not rendering during the fight we finally killed the Dread Master after about the 5th attempt. We could have one shot it if we didn't have all these problem across 10 of our 16 people in the raid.

***My Understanding***
From what I hear this is an issue with the collection option causing extra load times for everyone.

***We need a solution soon***
If my guild is to continue to do 16 Man Raids we will need a solution very soon.
*Please disable the collection option ASAP until it is fixed.
*My guild has 38 subscriber accounts in it that count on 16 Man Raids (This number does not reflect alts or trial members)
* Alternative option MOVE THE COLLECTIONS option to the personal star-ship ONLY. (Disabled everywhere else)

WE NEED A SOLUTION SOON.. MEANING NEXT WEEK or I will be forced to start canceling 16 man raids in favor of 8 man making allot of people unhappy.

*****To Conclude*****
I apologize if this post is coming off as rude, but I am very tired of hearing guild member complaints about Bioware's latest failed patch. It gets allot worse when a cosmetic patch for the care bears in this game that want to look cool has destroyed our raiding experience. Very disappointing. The fact that no patch has been implemented yet is just terrible.
This is getting really annoying.

I am playing SWTOR on a November 2007 overclocked CPU (Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650), 1920X1080, graphics settings at very high, and I never had any kind of problem with lag, freezes, slow graphics rendering or whatever else.

The reason the above post annoys me is because ppl like this guy above presume to speak on my behalf (i.e. vast majority of players) whereas in fact I am having no issue whatsoever.

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/4640824

^^Link to my system.

In most cases, people who are having performance problems either run the game on non-overclocked CPUS, or low-end CPUs and/or low end GPUs.

Sameria
05.24.2013 , 06:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Yper View Post

I am playing SWTOR on a November 2007 overclocked CPU (Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650), 1920X1080, graphics settings at very high, and I never had any kind of problem with lag, freezes, slow graphics rendering or whatever else.

The reason the above post annoys me is because ppl like this guy above presume to speak on my behalf (i.e. vast majority of players) whereas in fact I am having no issue whatsoever.

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/4640824

^^Link to my system.

In most cases, people who are having performance problems either run the game on non-overclocked CPUS, or low-end CPUs and/or low end GPUs.
And posts like these annoy me. There has been something introduced as of lately. Our 16 man operations have noticed it as well. Random lag spikes for multiple people at once, and most of the previous issues mentioned in prior posts/replies. Crash to desktop when entering zones, for multiple people at once.

I personally run on all max settings as well, been that way for a while now. {i7, SSD main drive, 32 GB RAM, SLI'd 560ti's}. I personally do not overclock my i7, but I don't need to. There is something wrong and it is prevalent in 16 man operations for sure. The worse is the random lag spikes to 2k+ milliseconds.
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

Yper
05.24.2013 , 06:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sameria View Post
And posts like these annoy me. There has been something introduced as of lately. Our 16 man operations have noticed it as well. Random lag spikes for multiple people at once, and most of the previous issues mentioned in prior posts/replies. Crash to desktop when entering zones, for multiple people at once.

I personally run on all max settings as well, been that way for a while now. {i7, SSD main drive, 32 GB RAM, SLI'd 560ti's}. I personally do not overclock my i7, but I don't need to. There is something wrong and it is prevalent in 16 man operations for sure. The worse is the random lag spikes to 2k+ milliseconds.
Overclock your CPU to 4GHz, get a modern Nividia single GPU such as a GTX 660Ti Boost or greater (GTX 680 recommended) , overclock your RAM, lower your tRD setting through MemSet and try again.

Your issue is probably microstuttering due to SLI but it can also be your i7 chocking at stock. Which i7 do you have? Nehalem, SB or IB?

willfarlow
05.24.2013 , 07:46 AM | #14
While the hardware advice is certainly appreciated, I've been looking over the threads, and the issues seem too similar, across too many people on too many different servers, to be hardware based. My own experience was that prior to the re-introducing of the Gree event, I never had any lag issues (and I'm a Founder, BTW, so that's a fairly long period of game play without a problem). The first time I logged on after the re-start of the Gree event, I almost immediately started having SEVERE lag issues, to the point that combat is nearly impossible, and they have persisted up until the last time I tried logging in and playing ten minutes ago. The sheer number of other posts indicating the same issue would seem to indicate that something funky happened when the Gree event was re-introduced. As a subscriber who happily pays to play, I find this really aggravating...the rendering lag is so severe that the game is, essentially, un-playable. Add to that that the "lag meter" in-game is not registering the lag spikes. I didn't experience this after the 2.1 patch, but ONLY after the Gree event. I really hope that a dev or csr addresses this issue soon. I enjoy the game and would hate to feel like I was paying for an un-usable service.

willfarlow
05.24.2013 , 07:46 AM | #15
Oh, and for the record,
Pennsylvania
Shadowlands

Kesphin
05.24.2013 , 06:18 PM | #16
Overclock your CPU to 4GHz, get a modern Nividia single GPU such as a GTX 660Ti Boost or greater (GTX 680 recommended) , overclock your RAM, lower your tRD setting through MemSet and try again.
ROFLSTOMP! Sometimes I'd like to be blind.

Btw, I can't buy that rig I already spent 10k $ on cartel market packs... Soon I'm gonna have to rent a power plant to play swtor. Well whatever, I'm gonna sell my house if I have to, as long as I can play swtor and run around the fleet with my new pink armor at 5 fps...

PS : i7 2700K + 2x 560Ti SC SLI + SSD + 16Go = 5-10fps on fleet/OP/WZ (60 fps minimum before gree event)
Seems like graphic cards can't go higher than 20-30% gpu usage. Something's obviously broken.
If swtor can't run correctly on that rig then it's Bioware's job, not mine. All I know is that my sub's gonna get canceled next tuesday if it's still not fixed.

The only thing you can do to get heard is to cancel your subscription and more than anything else, stop buying stupid cartel packs.

EDIT : I just found this old topic. It's kinda fun/sad to see nothing has changed at all. Actually, it's getting worse.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2337868

guardiandashi
05.24.2013 , 08:20 PM | #17
I will toss in my 2 cents that I know something changed 2 weeks ago IE on tuesday 5/7/2013

I will admit there was a hardware issue involved but bear with me.
and for the record. my system I7 960, 18GB tripple channel ram nvidia 460gtx win 7 ultimate
now regarding all that the last time I looked the requrements are:

What are the system requirements for the game?
Processor:

•AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
•Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:

•Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
RAM:

•Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
•Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.
Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

•ATI X1800 or better
•nVidia 7800 or better
•Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)
Internet connection required to play.

from http://www.swtor.com/info/faq

so my system blows the requirements so hard its not even funny

with that in mind Something changed that turned up the requirements enough that attempting to launch the game was overloading my power supply and forcing a reboot crash. uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixed it (briefly) and then it started again, then I turned down the resolution and it worked until I replaced the power supply with a bigger one.(upgrading from 600w to 750w)

now I had been playing consistantly for a couple weeks or a month before that and activated my account from F2P to full a week or 2 before the issue, additionally my friend noticed a severe performance hit around the same time so don't get all "elitist" about it when someone is complaining about performance issues on a system that is a LOT over the recommended specs for the game.

oh and just as a FYI I have other games I had tested Diablo 3, the new xcom game etc and NONE of them caused the reboot garbage, it was exclusively swtor

spectreclees
05.24.2013 , 08:35 PM | #18
This issue is way more widespread than you think:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=507316

Numerous posts and threads about this though this one got Bioware's attention so I have it stickied.

tensaix
05.26.2013 , 05:46 AM | #19

I am playing SWTOR on a i7-3970X CPU with 2xGTX680 and I never had any kind of problem with lag, freezes, slow graphics rendering or whaterver else until now.

The reason the above post annoys me is because people like this guy (i.e. no more than 10 people) above presume to speak on my behalf whereas infact majority of players are experiencing this issue post patch.

Sheer amount of posts regarding this issue is staggering and your failure to notice it is no one's fault but your own.

This is getting annoying, I would like an admission from a dev, but they will never acknowledge it.
Radix malorum est EA

jolleebindu
06.03.2013 , 12:32 AM | #20
I've noticed similar issues, exclusively since patch 2.1

Specifically around the pvp area of the fleet, the mission terminals are loading more slowly (i.e. noticeably after everything else) whereas before I had no idea that they loaded separately since it all (terrain, npc's, terminals) appeared instantly.

Quote: Originally Posted by tensaix View Post

I am playing SWTOR on a i7-3970X CPU with 2xGTX680 and I never had any kind of problem with lag, freezes, slow graphics rendering or whaterver else until now.

The reason the above post annoys me is because people like this guy (i.e. no more than 10 people) above presume to speak on my behalf whereas infact majority of players are experiencing this issue post patch.

Sheer amount of posts regarding this issue is staggering and your failure to notice it is no one's fault but your own.

This is getting annoying, I would like an admission from a dev, but they will never acknowledge it.
the difference between "not having an issue" and not noticing one can be quite different (or further yet, noticing and saying something about it). take a gander at both gtn terminals during peak hours, what does your fps reach, in comparison to your normal values?

also, what difference do you see with sli? I've debated about upgrading, but haven't heard good things about it with swtor.

lastly do you use a ramdrive or ssd?

if you aren't having the issue - maybe having >10 processing threads does the trick