Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

nvidia problem <33

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Athrandiel
05.24.2013 , 05:04 AM | #1
Ok so i am able to play this game via my intel HD graphic card in my laptop

But i also have Nvidia gefprce 610m 2gb video card...and performance is much better...
But lately i have been getting BSOD about haywire driver... i tried updating driver,physx and even windows..
Nothing helped... i also tried some older drivers also BSOD..

Note: BSOD does not happen once i get inside a game... it ussually crashes after login client... but if i manage to pass that point and get to first loading screen before char select i can play np...

So maybe if u know any 100% working driver or any other way to solve it i would really appreciate it )
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 05:11 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
You mention swapping out drivers, but I have had a case in the past where a bad driver I had wasn't getting overwritten properly when I updated, so I needed to specifically uninstall it, restart the machine in ugly mode, and then put on fresh drivers from scratch. Perhaps this step will help for you, if you haven't tried it already.

As for drivers, unless a driver has a specific issue, we recommend using the latest certified drivers.

If the step above does not help, it might be worth checking for hardware issues.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Athrandiel
05.24.2013 , 05:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
You mention swapping out drivers, but I have had a case in the past where a bad driver I had wasn't getting overwritten properly when I updated, so I needed to specifically uninstall it, restart the machine in ugly mode, and then put on fresh drivers from scratch. Perhaps this step will help for you, if you haven't tried it already.

As for drivers, unless a driver has a specific issue, we recommend using the latest certified drivers.

If the step above does not help, it might be worth checking for hardware issues.

I ussualy did use certified drivers and the latest ones...also i always go under option in custom install to apply driver with clean install... meaning all previous drivers and configs are completely erased..

Guess it might be hardware issue
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 05:37 AM | #4
you could try a clean boot , http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

when the bsod happens can you see what module ?

also if push the windows key and you type reliability, look at reliability monitor , click on the red circles and select the program or listed action and double click on it for more details. it may show what is happening

Beesodd
05.24.2013 , 05:46 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for clarifying things with that info. Please take the steps Owen has recommended.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support