Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mailbox/Cargo/Banks/NPCs Not Showing Up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mailbox/Cargo/Banks/NPCs Not Showing Up

OKandrew
05.17.2013 , 11:51 PM | #1
Ever since 2.0, these things are not loading in time and usually requires waiting in upwards of 30 secs for them to show. Getting pretty frustrating, especially if you are moving actively all over the fleet quickly picking up quests, buying items, using the gtn, moving to your cargo hold. I know I am not the only one having these problems, but no one seems to be reporting them...

OwenBrooks
05.18.2013 , 01:21 AM | #2
Hmm

Any change if you delete the DiskCacheArena file ?
Run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Not sure what else would cause a 30 second delay.

OKandrew
05.18.2013 , 01:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Hmm

Any change if you delete the DiskCacheArena file ?
Run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Not sure what else would cause a 30 second delay.
No change, and I am not the first person to have the same issues since 2.0

OwenBrooks
05.18.2013 , 02:35 AM | #4
Just thinking what else is related to the 2D overlay , injecting the 2D overlay will/can cause a momentary pause , people will see this normally as a drop in FPS for a split second. (some more so then others)

30 seconds is something entirely different to normal behaviour but I guess you know that

Have you tried re-installing DirectX redist http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

Running a defrag wouldn't hurt either, in case it is an access issue

I gather your connection is fine and all tcp ports are open

Sorry I haven't seen this mentioned before

MazakMatsura
05.18.2013 , 02:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OKandrew View Post
Ever since 2.0, these things are not loading in time and usually requires waiting in upwards of 30 secs for them to show. Getting pretty frustrating, especially if you are moving actively all over the fleet quickly picking up quests, buying items, using the gtn, moving to your cargo hold. I know I am not the only one having these problems, but no one seems to be reporting them...
I have been noticing this as well, on the Fleet, you see the background graphics for the cargo bays show up, before the actual boxes you click on show up, and fleet vendors aren't there, kinda like it's loading other player characters before them.

The lame work around I use is to point the camera at the ground, so you don't see anything else on your screen. Instead of 20-30 seconds, it speeds it up to around 10ish seconds.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

OKandrew
05.18.2013 , 03:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mazakmatsura View Post
i have been noticing this as well, on the fleet, you see the background graphics for the cargo bays show up, before the actual boxes you click on show up, and fleet vendors aren't there, kinda like it's loading other player characters before them.

The lame work around i use is to point the camera at the ground, so you don't see anything else on your screen. Instead of 20-30 seconds, it speeds it up to around 10ish seconds.
this.

OwenBrooks
05.18.2013 , 03:15 AM | #7
I don't doubt it is occurring , just went and double checked and it is instantaneous for me, question is why it is occurring at all for you.

docbenwayddo
05.18.2013 , 06:32 AM | #8
It didn't occur before the "fix" to allow previewing cosmetics to function or not crash the game on attempt. Before that "fix", if fleet was crowded, NPCs could take up to 4 seconds to appear. Now, even with less than 100 on Fleet, the NPCs AND interact-objects like Mailbox and Cargo take at least 10 seconds and likely longer.

If I load a character onto Fleet, I will have the UI over a black screen for at least 20 seconds and up to 40 before anything fills in. I have been stopped in my tacks on fleet while moving because it stalled trying to load NPCs. Latency showing 25-42ms. Never happened before the 16th of May.

Also new since "fix", every time I take a taxi or Quick Travel I get a flash of landing at destination then a splashscreen for 5-10 seconds while I can hear the activities of the characters around me and move blindly. If I hit space I hear the sound of my feet hitting the ground after a jump, but I see nothing but splashscreen.

It seems that in order to allow preview, the graphics loading were "throttled" or "choked" and it will only feed me NPC and Object graphic/locale information piecemeal and way too slow.

OKandrew
05.20.2013 , 08:52 AM | #9
Still having issues.

MajinDeath
05.24.2013 , 05:05 AM | #10
I'm having the same problem. Waiting on Cargo Bays, Mailboxes, NPCs to appear. this is a new problem since 2.0 patch.
Getting off my ship on Fleet & traveling to Main Level I now must wait staring at blank screen for much longer times. Never had this issue before & I have been playing since game launch.
Even after being on fleet for a while & everything has loaded if I go to a new area like say I started at pvp WZ terminal waited for everything to load & picked up my daily & now I go to Cargo bay area with med droid I have to wait again for things to appear.
On a side note here lately there has been a major chat lag problem. while typing in chat I now include the joke typed this 15 sec ago at the end of whatever I said. The chat lag seems to be on & off though.