Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Moving on! What new companion would you like.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Moving on! What new companion would you like.

CosmicKat
05.23.2013 , 04:04 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So group with people?

I really don't see the issue. Bioware don't make the other players in the game... do they? Do they?!

How do I even know you're real!
Because I'm annoying all the time, not just the same 3 lines over and over!

But seriously... Very few people group in this game because A) there's hardly any group content and B) you never HAVE to group.

Tatile
05.23.2013 , 04:18 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Because I'm annoying all the time, not just the same 3 lines over and over!

But seriously... Very few people group in this game because A) there's hardly any group content and B) you never HAVE to group.
I refuse to group whilst leveling, but that's far more of a personal thing.

Non-combatant companions would be interesting (and would work if we could have bolt holes and estates and such, rather than only our ships, and of course the ability to get rid of companions), but then you'd get the "what's the point if they don't fight?" response (either legitimate or whiny.)

If group content were mandatory while leveling - such as needing X other people or B class to do your class quest or the planetary quest - I'd imagine that would turn many people off, not to mention just be an inconvenience. I know I wouldn't really appreciate faffing about on my Operative, doing the mythical future Agent quests, and then suddenly being told I need to grab this many other people. Sure, it's doable and, yes, I can wait until my guildies are online and we can do this together, but the question is... why?

I know that's unlikely to ever happen, the concept itself is convoluted and intrusive, but you will always have people - people like myself, in fact - who will avoid group content during the leveling process if it's optional.

PanikSpreder
05.23.2013 , 04:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
I'd love to get a Jawa companion, without having to be a bounty hunter.

I'd kill for the ability to swap two companions on my legacy roster, once I got them both unlocked with finishing the companion stories.
(the wookiee thing would go the way of the dodo instantly and got replaced by any other companion, even if it were an inanimate steel bolt)
Forgetting the Wookie bashing (I <3 Bowdarr on my Smuggler) this is an awesome idea. It will not break any immersion since people already had to work to get 10k affection and doing all convos. And all the one-liners each companion have can hardly break the immersion on a new character. Great idea!

PanikSpreder
05.23.2013 , 04:25 PM | #34
Oh, and being able to have Blizz as my companion with the ability to switch his combat role = EPIC WIN!

Gammawaves
05.23.2013 , 05:59 PM | #35
They should introduce different alignment variations of each role, like one dark side healer comp and one light side healer comp.
It annoys me that my Bounty Hunter tank is stuck with Mako if I want a healer comp. I am tired of switching mako out to my ship droid whenever I make dark side choices, I am tired of having to buy mako gifts to keep her happy.

It would be much better if I had a choice between a dark side healer comp and a light side. Same for all the other roles, light tank comp, dark tank comp, ect.

So my choice would be for them to add alternative pets for each alignment and role.

Lostpenguins
05.23.2013 , 06:39 PM | #36
I would just like Jaessa to be a sorc healer and her abilities could just mimic your standard healer except have sorc cosmetics to it.

That way I could actually use Jaessa when questing...

DarthRobert
05.23.2013 , 08:24 PM | #37
New healing companion: Dr Ball!

LordArtemis
05.23.2013 , 10:33 PM | #38
I would like to see two new non-romance companion options added.

1) Droid combat companion

This would be a crafted companion. Armor slots accept normal droid gear and do not change appearance.

Setup would be the same as HK. Ability pallet would be limited, but programming modules could be dropped into the droid to change it's function (in the companion customization slot)...droids would have only three abilities except for Medic (4)

Ranged - Green - Two ranged attacks (high power single shot and automatic), one sleep attack - Medium armor
Melee - Red - Two melee attacks (strong and ranged jumpjet attack), one damage boost - Medium armor
Tank - Black - Two melee attacks (strong and area strong with knockdown), one agro taunt - Heavy armor
Medic - White - One ranged attack/heal (automatic), One single channeled HOT, One burst single heal, One group channeled HOT - Light armor

Unique to droids

Bombardment - Brown - One ranged attack (automatic), one AoE ranged/channeled knockback/knockdown attack, one knockback/knockdown single target rocket attack - Heavy armor

This would be done with the companion appearance slot, and a new role would change the droids color.

Three legged combat droids like the B8-M2 droid could be used. Performance is better than the ship droid but not as good as standard companions, though only slightly inferior.

2) Animal combat companion

This would be a crafted companion (from egg). Armor slots accept normal droid gear (treated as implants) and do not change appearance.

Setup would be the similar to the droid companions. Ability pallet would be limited, but training modules could be dropped into the animal to change it's behavior (in the companion customization slot)...animals would have only three abilities except for Healer (4)

Ranged - Green - Two ranged organic attacks (snipe and basic), one sleep attack - Medium armor
Melee - Red - Two melee attack (strong claw and ranged jump attack), one damage boost (frenzy) - Medium armor
Tank - Black - Two melee attacks (strong and area strong), one agro taunt - Heavy armor
Healer - White - One ranged organic attack (basic), One group channeled HOT, One group burst heal, One group area HOT - Light armor

Unique to animals

Control - Brown - One ranged organic attack (basic), one AoE debuff attack (strong), one AoE sleep attack - Heavy armor

This would be done with the companion appearance slot, and a new role would change the animals color.

There would be a variety of animal choices to choose from. Performance is better than the ship droid but not as good as standard companions, though only slightly inferior.

djmothra
05.23.2013 , 11:06 PM | #39
I'd like Bender from Futureama to be my ship droid.
Not a Valued Subscriber
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Calarand
05.23.2013 , 11:11 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Lord Cytharat, mmm.
^ YES, PLEASE. I would pay serious CC for that, even.