Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.23.2013 , 04:27 PM | #381 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
Thank you Eric. This was the feeling I had. Your comment in the matter is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully, in the future, accounts are more thoroughly investigated before action is taken. Technology is great, but I think we can see here what happens when there isn't human input into the process.

For the sake of clarification, is it an exploit in your eyes, to dupe crystals and send them to alts via legacy gear?
This feature wasn't patched and it's still possible to do this.
I think we all want to know the answer to this.
Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit. This is the case because there is no way to manipulate the system to allow for a large amount of credit gain as there was prior to 2.1.0b.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Samoth_Nomad
05.23.2013 , 04:29 PM | #382
Excellent news, and a nice vindication to the folks that used this feature.
Thank you again for your response.

Andryah
05.23.2013 , 04:29 PM | #383
/deleted for being redundant.

Eric already answered..
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

Tatile
05.23.2013 , 04:30 PM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit. This is the case because there is no way to manipulate the system to allow for a large amount of credit gain as there was prior to 2.1.0b.
Awesome. Thanks.

I feel bad for all the people who got caught up in the mess

At least we don't have to worry about Legacy gear getting us all banned, though.

Anzel
05.23.2013 , 04:30 PM | #385
This is what happens when you don't use PTS and do proper testing. Nobody really even knew what the collections system was about until it launched because you were afraid people would be upset if they knew too much about the introduction of even more gambling content.

How many "bugs" or "regressions" does this make? Maybe stop being so excited to exploit gambling addicts and focus on proper design, development AND testing. Crazy, I know.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Andryah
05.23.2013 , 04:31 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Thanks Eric.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

iamthehoyden
05.23.2013 , 04:32 PM | #387
Thank you for the clarifications, and for making it clear that some of those who were banned were innocent. There has been damage done with this, make no mistake, but reparing the reputation of those harmed helps.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
05.23.2013 , 04:32 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
This is what happens when you don't use PTS and do proper testing. Nobody really even knew what the collections system was about until it launched because you were afraid people would be upset if they knew too much about the introduction of even more gambling content.

How many "bugs" or "regressions" does this make? Maybe stop being so excited to exploit gambling addicts and focus on proper design, development AND testing. Crazy, I know.
Yeah, the PTS needs more time out of the box. It needs to run in the fields with the other servers and grow into a real server!

schmel
05.23.2013 , 04:33 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
We were suspended and lost access for one day and given three free ones.
Hey, if the people who were banned (as it sounds like you were?) are happy with the resolution, then, by definition it's fair compensation. I stand corrected if that's the case.

Andryah
05.23.2013 , 04:35 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
At least we don't have to worry about Legacy gear getting us all banned, though.
A generous position on their part IMO.