Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatanka
05.23.2013 , 04:00 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by RedBindi View Post
Wait for another post and how long are we supposed to just wait quietly while they hope this goes away? They have made a mistake, are refusing to admit said mistake, and are deleting the valid questions people are asking,

Seriously, how long does it take to come up with an explanation for 'economy exploitation?'
The community constantly burns them on every little word they type. I wouldn't be surprised if even the question of the day posts are vetted before posting by now.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Kilora
05.23.2013 , 04:03 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
Likewise, it's a violation of Oklahoma law. And Oklahoma doesn't give a crap that you're based in TX or CA if you operate in OK--they will enforce OK state law on any company that operates in OK state, even if that operation is via the internet.
I'd love to see your proof. Everything I've ever seen in laws shows that they have done NOTHING that is against ANY law.

But, I don't know everything, obviously, so please point me in the right direction if you are so sure this is against the law. The other poster never responded to the question.

EricMusco
05.23.2013 , 04:04 PM | #363 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Your reports have been fully investigated and I wanted to pass on what we discovered, and what happened as a result. As some of you are aware there were some exploits which were introduced with Game Update 2.1 around Color Crystals and Collections. These exploits were fixed with Update 2.1.0b. We take exploits in our game very seriously and we had been working to action players who had used those exploits. Yesterday was our Terms of Service team doing exactly that.

What occurred, and what you folks reported, is that there was a small subset of players who were incorrectly caught in this tracking and subsequently actioned. Just to give you a bit of perspective, there were less than 150 people in total who were incorrectly actioned as a part of what happened yesterday. If you were one of those players who had not been exploiting and were wrongly flagged, you should have already been contacted by CS as of reading this message. If this is what occurred to you I cannot express how sorry we are. We are going through great lengths internally to avoid situations like this happening in the future.

If you have not had your suspension reversed and you feel this was in error, please contact swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com and they will be able to look into the issue further. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, again if you were affected you should have already been contacted and if not please email the address listed above.

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Samoth_Nomad
05.23.2013 , 04:06 PM | #364
Thank you Eric. This was the feeling I had. Your comment in the matter is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully, in the future, accounts are more thoroughly investigated before action is taken. Technology is great, but I think we can see here what happens when there isn't human input into the process.

For the sake of clarification, is it an exploit in your eyes, to dupe crystals and send them to alts via legacy gear?
This feature wasn't patched and it's still possible to do this.
I think we all want to know the answer to this.

RedBindi
05.23.2013 , 04:08 PM | #365
Thanks for the reply.

Soobe
05.23.2013 , 04:10 PM | #366
Finally. Thank you.
All these people you're playing [MMOs] with? They're real people...with real feelings. What you do in game matters just as much as what you do anywhere else. You don't get to discount any of it because it's "just a game." --Lisa Poisso, WoW Insider

Zantiana
05.23.2013 , 04:11 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Your reports have been fully investigated and I wanted to pass on what we discovered, and what happened as a result. As some of you are aware there were some exploits which were introduced with Game Update 2.1 around Color Crystals and Collections. These exploits were fixed with Update 2.1.0b. We take exploits in our game very seriously and we had been working to action players who had used those exploits. Yesterday was our Terms of Service team doing exactly that.

What occurred, and what you folks reported, is that there was a small subset of players who were incorrectly caught in this tracking and subsequently actioned. Just to give you a bit of perspective, there were less than 150 people in total who were incorrectly actioned as a part of what happened yesterday. If you were one of those players who had not been exploiting and were wrongly flagged, you should have already been contacted by CS as of reading this message. If this is what occurred to you I cannot express how sorry we are. We are going through great lengths internally to avoid situations like this happening in the future.

If you have not had your suspension reversed and you feel this was in error, please contact accountdisputes@swtor.com and they will be able to look into the issue further. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, again if you were affected you should have already been contacted and if not please email the address listed above.

-eric

So does that mean its ok to legacy transfer crystals to unlock in collections?
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
MMOs are always about gear/character progression and carrots...

Andryah
05.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
For the sake of clarification, is it an exploit in your eyes, to dupe crystals and send them to alts via legacy gear?
This feature wasn't patched and it's still possible to do this.
I think we all want to know the answer to this.
I agree. This needs to be answered, to remove any doubt or ambiguity.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

AlixMV
05.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

If you have not had your suspension reversed and you feel this was in error, please contact accountdisputes@swtor.com and they will be able to look into the issue further. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, again if you were affected you should have already been contacted and if not please email the address listed above.

-eric

I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation and the clarification, sir.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

chuixupu
05.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #370
Thank you for the response, Eric. I know my friend is back in the game and happy. However, I would like a little more clarification about what the exploit actually was, and what was mistaken for an exploit, so we can avoid this possibly happening again.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant