Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.22.2013 , 04:54 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I made a post about this here but I know it will lose visibility off the front page. I have no information right now but we are actively investigating your reports. I may not have an update tonight but I will post information as soon as as I have it. In the meantime, please refrain from making new threads on the topic as they will be deleted. Remember that discussion of action being taken against players, exploits, etc. is against the forum rules.

Thanks everyone, I will get you more information as soon as I can!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lewintelamon
05.22.2013 , 05:02 PM | #2
FWIW I would recommend locking this sticky to avoid flame wars. But I'm not the CM
That which seems like a simple request to the player, often is a maze of red tape, approvals, and procedures to the developers.

Dead horse, meet stick. Stick, dead horse. Beating protocols now engaged.

dreadddy
05.22.2013 , 05:04 PM | #3
nice to know i get banned for doming something i have been doing since legacy weapons first joined the game... what for 6 months it was ok but now with collections its not?

i can feel an unsub coming on

RedBindi
05.22.2013 , 05:07 PM | #4
I appreciate the effort, but this is something that needs to be taken care of much sooner rather than later.

And telling us not to post more threads on a subject that is clearly upsetting multiple people is not the tactic to take, nor is 'reminding' players they can be banned for discussing a topic that is affecting them, their friends, and their guilds. All this is doing is making people even more upset and leading to more people leaving the game.

Vaalin
05.22.2013 , 05:09 PM | #5
Soo, I'm at a loss here, apparently the issue is using the collections to copy a crystal that you have and then using legacy weapons to send to another character is an exploit? Pretty sure that's WHAT LEGACY WEAPONS WERE DESIGNED TO DO. Normally I'm not one of these lets freak out and demand recompense for stupid little things such as server down time or patches that take too long or bugs that take content out of commission for awhile however with this I feel that people have been singled out. Not acceptable.

Inaara
05.22.2013 , 05:26 PM | #6
It really feels like this is the result of adding collections to the game--which has the potential to increase the profitability of the Cartel Shop.

I completely understand that this is a business, but the mechanics should have been changed and players should have been told the change was upcoming. Warnings--not bans--should have been given. We should have been told in advance.

This is bad business practice. And yes, I do feel an unsub coming on if this is not resolved much sooner rather than later and if those affected by yet another truly horrid decision are not compensated. Honestly, this is beyond mismanagement.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

You can get more with a kind word and a two by four than you can with just a kind word.

Ember
05.22.2013 , 05:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaalin View Post
Soo, I'm at a loss here, apparently the issue is using the collections to copy a crystal that you have and then using legacy weapons to send to another character is an exploit? Pretty sure that's WHAT LEGACY WEAPONS WERE DESIGNED TO DO. Normally I'm not one of these lets freak out and demand recompense for stupid little things such as server down time or patches that take too long or bugs that take content out of commission for awhile however with this I feel that people have been singled out. Not acceptable.
Thats not what the issue was. If you've paid attention to recent patch notes you should figure it out pretty quick.

Vaalin
05.22.2013 , 05:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Thats not what the issue was. If you've paid attention to recent patch notes you should figure it out pretty quick.
Then I'm definitely in the clear because I had ZERO part in that.

Ember
05.22.2013 , 05:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
It really feels like this is the result of adding collections to the game--which has the potential to increase the profitability of the Cartel Shop.

I completely understand that this is a business, but the mechanics should have been changed and players should have been told the change was upcoming. Warnings--not bans--should have been given. We should have been told in advance.

This is bad business practice. And yes, I do feel an unsub coming on if this is not resolved much sooner rather than later and if those affected by yet another truly horrid decision are not compensated. Honestly, this is beyond mismanagement.
Bioware takes the stance of not advertising what people did to get banned. Those who got banned take advantage of this can claim to be the innocent victim. It happens in every MMO. While I wasn't a fan of Guildwars 2 I admit they had it right when they posted a thread daring people who'd gotten bans/suspensions to call them out. Then they took that as permission to post publically exactly what they did. It really shut people up fast.

Alec_Fortescue
05.22.2013 , 05:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Quote:
White Color Crystals can no longer be Reverse Engineered.
I don't think hundreds of players had 1.1.5s to reverse engineer
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware