Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grim Tooth

Korbanth
04.28.2013 , 05:17 PM | #21
hehe I'm Ultrascout, and im the first person to solo him on my server > he is NOT bugged on my server.
Ace TZ-24 Gladiator Pilot : Vorten the Test Pilot

<IMPressive> , The Harbinger

Trigon
05.15.2013 , 11:42 PM | #22
Ignoring the nonsensical last post has there been any new information discovered about Grim Tooth?

Thanks for the info on the various champions everyone, we were still looking for 2.
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

Noel_Martir
05.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #23
Been looking for a way to get to him via the actual non-exploit way. and so far nothing. Tried going down to the shuttle dock north west to see if there was some kind of panel, nothing there. and then tried climbing to the bridge in the middle of the map. HERE. No way up through the side. Anyone remember if those two were used for some mission? IMP or REP?

If DEVS are listening, can we have a bit of a hint or confirmation that he is supposed to be finished(not to be added later) and there is a way to release him? or do we have to scour for ways to do it like the datacrons? just that sirs! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

Alec_Fortescue
05.20.2013 , 07:32 PM | #24
Does the boss leave any Gree-looking devices / orbs / warps after its death?
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

KenanJabr
05.20.2013 , 10:16 PM | #25
If you're a Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor of any sort, here is how to beat Grim Tooth and take his loot:

Things you'll need:

-Qyzen Fezz or Nadia Grell as a companion
-Force speed
-Force wave
-Patience

1. Find the platform with the tree that is south of the cage that was mentioned in a page 1 comment.
2. Use force speed and jump off the platform at the last second in an attempt to enter the cage. This will not get you in, but you will find yourself stuck above the bottom energy ring. You're on the right track.
3. While you are indefinitely stuck in the air and facing Grim Tooth, use Force Wave. It will aggro the boss and he will approach you, right up on the edge of the cage
4. Your melee companion will glitch into the cage and fight Grim Tooth. Since he has around 800K, it will take a while for your companion to kill him. The great part is that he doesn't attack anything, so your companion can have the worst gear and be alright.
5. When Grim Tooth is defeated, he will fall forward, making his head visible outside of the cage. This allows you to take his loot (I got a prototype lvl 66 vibroblade).

It took me hours to figure this out, so you're welcome!

Trigon
05.21.2013 , 01:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Does the boss leave any Gree-looking devices / orbs / warps after its death?
He dropped one green and one orange item for us: http://i.imgur.com/x7dcDKw.jpg

As for getting to him, it's much easier if you just have a friend with a knockback. Duel, one person jumps and the other hits Force Push/Pulse Detonator/Force Wave/etc and up to the notched support beam they go. Use Guardian Leap/Rescue/Grapple/etc to get to where your friend is at then both of you jump into the cage.

You currently get more of a challenge killing a womp rat, looking forward to a proper encounter with him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

Joewrey
05.22.2013 , 11:18 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KenanJabr View Post
If you're a Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor of any sort, here is how to beat Grim Tooth and take his loot:

Things you'll need:

-Qyzen Fezz or Nadia Grell as a companion
-Force speed
-Force wave
-Patience

1. Find the platform with the tree that is south of the cage that was mentioned in a page 1 comment.
2. Use force speed and jump off the platform at the last second in an attempt to enter the cage. This will not get you in, but you will find yourself stuck above the bottom energy ring. You're on the right track.
3. While you are indefinitely stuck in the air and facing Grim Tooth, use Force Wave. It will aggro the boss and he will approach you, right up on the edge of the cage
4. Your melee companion will glitch into the cage and fight Grim Tooth. Since he has around 800K, it will take a while for your companion to kill him. The great part is that he doesn't attack anything, so your companion can have the worst gear and be alright.
5. When Grim Tooth is defeated, he will fall forward, making his head visible outside of the cage. This allows you to take his loot (I got a prototype lvl 66 vibroblade).

It took me hours to figure this out, so you're welcome!
Just tried this and managed to kill him this way. Thanks

And now I want an unbugged rematch!
You are like a random star, I am like the sun. You can shine all you want, when I rise, you disappear.

ChadCloman
11.08.2013 , 04:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KenanJabr View Post

This worked for me, but I learned that I had to angle my jump, such that I hit the far left edge of the energy shield. If I went straight toward the closest part, I just slid down to the ground.

Took about 15 minutes for Nadia to kill him.

He does indeed have an enrage timer. It kicks in at about 7-8 minutes. Also, weirdly enough, he is immune to taunts. So if he actually did damage, he could be quite a tough opponent. Hope that someday I'll be able to fight him for real.