Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Couple Quick ?s, plz help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Couple Quick ?s, plz help

iiKaladin
12.21.2011 , 04:00 PM | #1
Hey guys I have a couple quick questions about the pvp system i was hoping your could clear up for me. First off what is up with the "bolster effect?" I know its supposed to lvl the playing field out but does anyone know how exactly it works. Then secondly what happens if i level a character strictly through pvping say until lvl 30 then decide i want to start lvling him through questing....does this mean i basically have to go back to the low level zones and quest for no xp until my story gets back on track?

Felene
12.21.2011 , 04:19 PM | #2
No one know exact formula for warzone bolster on stat, but basic is everyone in warzone has their stat boost to match a lv50.

i.e. At lv30 a player's main stat is around 600, but in warzone it will be boost to 1k(about the same as a lv50).

Every stat is boost, Endurance, Main stat(depend on class), defense and weapon damage.

There are 3 main type of quest in TOR, class quest, planet quest, side quest.

Class quest is unique to each class and its progress character main story. i.e. chapter 1~3.

So if you stop questing and only pvp, but decide to go back to questing again.

For class quest to progress, yes you have to go back to the lower level planet to do the lower level class quest. But for other quest, you don't.

Class quest is list under "Open world" tab in mission tab.

Obbu
12.21.2011 , 04:33 PM | #3
In theory -

If you have two players

lvl 10

Blue lvl 10 gear

and

lvl 20

Blue lvl 20 gear

Both players will have similar stats, healthpool etc. they're abilities will hit just as hard, etc.

The only difference will be additional talent points, and additional abilities (and these may/may not be accounted for in the bolster formula)

So, once you put people into a group situation, and limit all players to the GCD of 1.5 seconds, since theyre abilities hit/heal the same amount, you will find that this serves as a balancing factor:

No matter how much more flexible an opponent has, they cannot escape the GCD - and thus cannot overpower the opposing team by themselves, and are thus limited into being 'just another teammate' from a balance perspective.

What this means in practice: in team environments, where people work together, higher level characters have their power mitigated.

If you go off solo and try to be a hero: 1v1, higher level players will have greater flexibility than you, because of additional abilities and talents - they will have an advantage that has nothing to do with how hard they can hit.

So: In a team environment, bolster works effectively - assuming that both teams possess the same spread of levels.

Once you start facing higher levels solo: you're going to have to outplay them, because the odds arent in your favour.

Its still doable, just harder