Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icebergy
05.22.2013 , 08:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric
Thank you very much for the answer, Eric. I promise I won't get out the pitchforks if they don't get in in time for 2.2, but I really hope you can make that goal. We've been waiting for a long time for them.
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM

Kilora
05.22.2013 , 08:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.
2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack
3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server
4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop
5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate
6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?
And when they are released in the same exact way as a Name Change or Legacy Name Change -- I will make sure to come back and point out how absolutely ridiculous you are.

xZarquon
05.22.2013 , 08:43 AM | #13
Thanks for the update Eric. I, for one, have no need for the server transfer, but they have obviously been a hot topic item for a very, very long time. As a couple of the posters above me have mentioned, as players have been promised that 2.2 would be free of cartel market content, I would advise using caution if implementing this with 2.2.

Thanks again for the update, if it does come with 2.2 here's hoping that players are understanding about the addition of a long awaited, discussed cartel market option in what is supposed to be a CM-free content patch.

TimVickey
05.22.2013 , 08:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.
That is not quite correct.

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.

-eric

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

TUXs
05.22.2013 , 08:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.
That is only partially correct - he later clarified, the very same day and within hours, that it would not be CM centric. Don't be all uppity if there's CM items in the update, there will be. There just better be some flipping content to match.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Icebergy
05.22.2013 , 08:45 AM | #16
2.2 was not promised to be CM free, they said it would be a content update. They have in the past included new CM packs, etc with content updates and Eric said that they might this time as well.
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM

thesadplanet
05.22.2013 , 08:45 AM | #17
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric
I understand you have limited information on this topic, and while I appreciate you getting back to us on the forums, I think a lot of us would really appreciate if you could provide any information on how much a server transfer will cost, whether or not we will be able to use cartel coins, and if there will be an affordable option to transfer an entire legacy.

June and 2.2 are not far away, and many players, especially PvP guilds, want to plan ahead for transfers so as for there to not be chaos upon release.

TUXs
05.22.2013 , 08:46 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xZarquon View Post
as players have been promised that 2.2 would be free of cartel market content, I would advise using caution if implementing this with 2.2.

Thanks again for the update, if it does come with 2.2 here's hoping that players are understanding about the addition of a long awaited, discussed cartel market option in what is supposed to be a CM-free content patch.
Don't pretend you caught that one mention of it not being about the CM and didn't catch the (soon after) clarification. You have NOT been promised anything!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

DarkWyndre
05.22.2013 , 08:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.
2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack
3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server
4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop
5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate
6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?
Haha, that's exactly how I would expect them to implement it, given their recent choices.

11-11-11 Better than expected

Anzel
05.22.2013 , 09:00 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
And when they are released in the same exact way as a Name Change or Legacy Name Change -- I will make sure to come back and point out how absolutely ridiculous you are.
You should really check out the dye system. Or the "Reputation" they engineered for the Cartel Market. Or the battery of gambling packs that exist today.

Like... are we playing the same game LOL? Everything I outlined is ALREADY in game. It's not some tin-foil hat alien conspiracy. LOL. That's how they've been designing stuff for the past 6 months. You should really log in and check it out.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006