Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icebergy
05.20.2013 , 07:50 AM | #1
Reposting this thread, since the title is no longer accurate: Server Transfers, 10 Months Later...

8 pages, 4k views, no Bioware response. We are coming up on a year now, this is not acceptable.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 07:56 AM | #2
Your mistake to think they care / will live up to what they said about transfers.

Threaten to never buy from the Cartel Market though - that'd probably get they attention, or say something from the market is bugged, etc. They usually reply to those threads.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Icebergy
05.20.2013 , 09:10 AM | #3
SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Still the most popular thread in the CM Suggestion forum by far. 28 pages so far, no response.
Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
05.21.2013 , 08:14 AM | #4
Apparently we are looking at least another 6-8 weeks for these...so that is going to put is right around the 13 month mark...Good job, Bioware. 13 months...
Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
05.22.2013 , 08:06 AM | #5
bump.
Jedi Covenant

EricMusco
05.22.2013 , 08:24 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didnít want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
05.22.2013 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

paid character transfers = Game Update 2.2.

-eric
Hmmm...more Cartel stuff Eric? I hope there's a lot more to 2.2 than that.....like....content?!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Elminster_cs
05.22.2013 , 08:32 AM | #8
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didnít want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

-eric
Hope that, really hope that!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soonô" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

Anzel
05.22.2013 , 08:36 AM | #9
Hey everyone,

-eric

Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.
2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack
3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server
4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop
5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate
6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Iggster
05.22.2013 , 08:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hmmm...more Cartel stuff Eric? I hope there's a lot more to 2.2 than that.....like....content?!

I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That is only partially correct - he later clarified, the very same day and within hours, that it would not be CM centric.