Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion affection & crew skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Companion affection & crew skills

hildward's Avatar


hildward
12.21.2011 , 03:09 PM | #1
I read that raising affection with your companion will result in faster crew skills (in the tips).
Now I have a few questions about this:
- Does this apply to BOTH crafting & gathering crew skills?
- Does this apply only to the crew skills your companion is specialized in? (someone in general chat said this but i think this is unlikely?)
- When do the effects start kicking in? I raised my affection with Khem Val to 2.6K but have not seen any reduce in mission time?

Thanks alot!

pangwl's Avatar


pangwl
12.21.2011 , 03:17 PM | #2
IIRC, IT's higher affection = the success chance of successful mission and getting the crit from missions. I'm not sure if the yield is affected though.

Texel's Avatar


Texel
12.21.2011 , 03:21 PM | #3
What happens if you completely lose all affection with your companion? Does he leave you? And if so what happens to your crew skills?

pangwl's Avatar


pangwl
12.21.2011 , 03:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Texel View Post
What happens if you completely lose all affection with your companion? Does he leave you? And if so what happens to your crew skills?
No effect,
I just got C2, which has 0 affection with me.
He stands, sits, and cleans as I order him... or whatever I ordered him to do.
It's just the "success rate of mission"... He has more fail missions (no yield) compare to my T7, which I have 1.5K affection. (lvl 18 here btw... affection still low )

hildward's Avatar


hildward
12.21.2011 , 03:47 PM | #5
Thanks alot !

Also a more specific question regarding Biochem: Can all items become epic with reverse engineering? (Implants, stims, adrenals?)
I've gotten to the epic parts of stims and medpacks really fast, but i don't seem to ever get one with adrenals... Is it just bad luck or am i wasting my time reverse engineering the adrenals?

pangwl's Avatar


pangwl
12.21.2011 , 04:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hildward View Post
Thanks alot !

Also a more specific question regarding Biochem: Can all items become epic with reverse engineering? (Implants, stims, adrenals?)
I've gotten to the epic parts of stims and medpacks really fast, but i don't seem to ever get one with adrenals... Is it just bad luck or am i wasting my time reverse engineering the adrenals?
I'll put that down to bad luck.. I'm having the same problem with my Artificing. I can get the higher level schematic for my hilts, but none so far for my Crystal and Enchantment (mind you, I've RE-ed abuot 20 Enchantments and get nuts, but hilts within 7-10 tries = higher schematics)

Bugged or not, I don't know and I can't tell.

Texel's Avatar


Texel
12.21.2011 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pangwl View Post
No effect,
I just got C2, which has 0 affection with me.
He stands, sits, and cleans as I order him... or whatever I ordered him to do.
It's just the "success rate of mission"... He has more fail missions (no yield) compare to my T7, which I have 1.5K affection. (lvl 18 here btw... affection still low )

Thank you.