Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Deviss
05.19.2013 , 07:31 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
I don't suppose you can ask him about who the entity really is? I know he didn't write the warrior storyline(like karpyshyn said when asked this), but Hood was a lead writer for the game as a whole, wasn't he?
Why don't you ask him yourself? The more people ask, higher the chance of him actually giving some sort of answer. Drew Karpyshyn was a lead writer as well I believe.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

maxmanfive
05.19.2013 , 11:02 AM | #172
If Revan survived then his mission has got to be to destroy the Emporer once and for all, possibly with the help of the jedi knight .

Darth_Wicked
05.19.2013 , 03:57 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by maxmanfive View Post
If Revan survived then his mission has got to be to destroy the Emporer once and for all, possibly with the help of the jedi knight .
Revan is too much of an important character to be confined to a single hypothetical class storyline. If he makes a return, it will be either in a flashpoint or operation.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

Eillack
05.19.2013 , 04:01 PM | #174
Revan died - in one of the old testing relics from cartel packs (before they were pulled for not working half the time) was Revan's mask which summoned his force ghost and would aid you in battle doing X damage, etc.

So unless those relics are completely abandoned, he is dead.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Darth_Wicked
05.19.2013 , 04:05 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Revan died - in one of the old testing relics from cartel packs (before they were pulled for not working half the time) was Revan's mask which summoned his force ghost and would aid you in battle doing X damage, etc.

I do remember that but cartel content rarely qualifies as relevant, when it comes to defining canon or hypothesis.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

Deviss
05.20.2013 , 12:27 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post

Seriously how can people still claim that he is dead, we argued about this a hundred times already... get your facts straight people. Won't bother to include any arguments, just do some research. :s
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Idunhavaname
05.20.2013 , 03:38 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
Seriously how can people still claim that he is dead, we argued about this a hundred times already... get your facts straight people. Won't bother to include any arguments, just do some research. :s
Dead:
1.: deprived of life : no longer alive.
2. Apperance of death.
3. Very tired
4. Lacking power or effect.

Im sure vanishing into a crap-ton of atoms qualifies him to that "dead" category. He is dead as dead could be whether he is force ghost capable of coming back to life like the emperor. He is dead unti he makes a physical apperance in physical form.

RIP orange pixel

AbsolutGrndZero
05.20.2013 , 03:41 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
I don't suppose you can ask him about who the entity really is? I know he didn't write the warrior storyline(like karpyshyn said when asked this), but Hood was a lead writer for the game as a whole, wasn't he?
The Entity that asks you to rescue Revan? It's the Jedi Exile, the PC from KotOR 2. Just as canonically Revan is male, canonically the Jedi Exile is female. If you do the "Jedi Prisoner" quest that is a sort of "container" quest for Taral V and Maelstrom, after you save Revan and you talk to him, one of the questions you can ask him is who she was, and he tells you. So, unless you think Revan is lying to you, there's no need to ask any devs, the game outright says it if you ask the right question to Revan.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Deviss
05.21.2013 , 06:45 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
The Entity that asks you to rescue Revan? It's the Jedi Exile, the PC from KotOR 2. Just as canonically Revan is male, canonically the Jedi Exile is female. If you do the "Jedi Prisoner" quest that is a sort of "container" quest for Taral V and Maelstrom, after you save Revan and you talk to him, one of the questions you can ask him is who she was, and he tells you. So, unless you think Revan is lying to you, there's no need to ask any devs, the game outright says it if you ask the right question to Revan.
The Entity and The Jedi Entity are two different things entirely. While the latter was actually confirmed in-game to be the jedi exile, true identity of the former is still unknown. It was only speculated, based on lore entry, that the entity is in fact Kreia/Darth Traya from KotOR2. Drew Karpyshyn kinda hinted at that (in an interview that I did with him via email), supporting the said thesis though the matter is still rather uncertain to say the least.

AbsolutGrndZero
05.22.2013 , 07:36 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
The Entity and The Jedi Entity are two different things entirely. While the latter was actually confirmed in-game to be the jedi exile, true identity of the former is still unknown. It was only speculated, based on lore entry, that the entity is in fact Kreia/Darth Traya from KotOR2. Drew Karpyshyn kinda hinted at that (in an interview that I did with him via email), supporting the said thesis though the matter is still rather uncertain to say the least.
Oh then I'm not sure what the Entity even is... Is she shown, or just a voice? Refresh my memory, especially since I've not done Taral V or Malestrom (hell, any flashpoints other than Black Talon or Esseles with new F2Pers.... recently finally did Lost Island for the first time and was amazed the group wasn't yelling at me for not spacebarring it) without people screaming "**** PRESS THE *********** SPACEBAR" at me in over a year.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain