Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pyrotech, Sweltering Heat still not working as described

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pyrotech, Sweltering Heat still not working as described
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
04.22.2013 , 07:00 PM | #11
Can you fix Sweeping Blasters while you're there please?

It should apply damage instantly, not after 1 tick. Or at least confirm that this was an intended change. And by change I mean nerf.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
04.24.2013 , 09:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
Today is your lucky day! I'm fixing the issue with Sweltering Heat as I type this.

As for the other issue reported: [Retractable Blade's bleeding effect disappears after a tick of damage is resisted] - I am not able to reproduce that. Whenever I see a resist, it keeps on ticking (unless it was the last tick of damage). However, if the initial kinetic damage from the blade is resisted, then the bleeding effect will not be applied - that is working as designed.
David,

I did not see it mentioned in today's patch notes so it doesn't surprise me that this is not fixed at this time. Can you confirm that this is still slated to be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Thanks

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
04.26.2013 , 09:00 AM | #13
bump as to not forget

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
05.08.2013 , 12:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
Today is your lucky day! I'm fixing the issue with Sweltering Heat as I type this.

As for the other issue reported: [Retractable Blade's bleeding effect disappears after a tick of damage is resisted] - I am not able to reproduce that. Whenever I see a resist, it keeps on ticking (unless it was the last tick of damage). However, if the initial kinetic damage from the blade is resisted, then the bleeding effect will not be applied - that is working as designed.
David,

Any chance your fix will finally be implemented with the upcoming 2.1 patch on Tuesday?

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
05.13.2013 , 10:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuo View Post
David,

Any chance your fix will finally be implemented with the upcoming 2.1 patch on Tuesday?
By looking at the patch notes, it appears the answer to my question was no.

MyDominion's Avatar


MyDominion
05.14.2013 , 05:47 PM | #16
Just keeping this bumped. It is a fantastic function that has alot of use if it's working. Our class has taken a large enough hit (specifically Pyro), please don't hit us while we are down by taking months to fix this.
Jung Ma

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
05.15.2013 , 03:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MyDominion View Post
Just keeping this bumped. It is a fantastic function that has alot of use if it's working. Our class has taken a large enough hit (specifically Pyro), please don't hit us while we are down by taking months to fix this.
Thanks,

It was appreciated that I received a response saying a fix is coming, I would just like to know when.

Evuo's Avatar


Evuo
05.20.2013 , 05:08 PM | #18
I didn't see this issue listed in the new bug reports forums known issues list. I made another copy in-game and submitted it to the new bug report forums as well. Hopefully, this wasn't forgotten.

LINK: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641670

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
05.21.2013 , 10:21 AM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Evuo,

This wasn't forgotten! The fix has been made as stated above, and the intended patch for it to deploy is Game Update 2.2.
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Chickensevil's Avatar


Chickensevil
05.21.2013 , 01:31 PM | #20
Suvks to see this has taken so long to get implemented as an actual fix, wonder what has taken so long since from the original response it seemed like it would be incoming rather quickly.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory