Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So.. Account Wide Datacrons

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 08:45 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Does this mean handing out free stat bonuses has NOT been promised, but is merely being considered? If so, as Stoofa asked, will this be something that the player base is consulted regarding, or will the dollar signs win out over many people objections?

Alkazarr
05.21.2013 , 08:54 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Nice to see BW has picked up on our interest in datacrons being linked to legacy !

We understand there would be some technical issues that need thinking over considering datacrons vary from faction to faction AND that it could cause some imbalance at early levels. I'm sure you guys can find a way of making it balanced when you come around to it.

In my mind, as long as you collected ALL the datacrons for your current faction, then the datacron stats should get unlocked progressively as the character/alt of the same faction progresses . Like someone suggested, once your toon hits the max level of the planet. BAM ! That planet's datacrons and their stats are unlocked for the toon.

Anyway I'm just babbling on, happy to see you guys listen to some of what we say

thesadplanet
05.21.2013 , 09:07 AM | #213
Doesn't every datacron have an included codex entry? It would be as simple as unlocking some feature in legacy upon logging into a character with the required codex entry.

Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 09:12 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by thesadplanet View Post
Doesn't every datacron have an included codex entry? It would be as simple as unlocking some feature in legacy upon logging into a character with the required codex entry.
I'm guessing ( or hoping) that it would have more to do with power levels due to the stat increases. I would hope that if they are going to add the legacy datacron unlock, that they require a character to reach max level before receiving the unlocks, a compromise I suggested earlier.

Kilora
05.21.2013 , 09:14 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I'm guessing ( or hoping) that it would have more to do with power levels due to the stat increases. I would hope that if they are going to add the legacy datacron unlock, that they require a character to reach max level before receiving the unlocks, a compromise I suggested earlier.
I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion a few posts up.

Once a character finishes the story quests on the planet, they are given the datacrons for the planet.

Of course, a few things they can do: You only have to have ALL the datacrons in your legacy -- not on one particular character.

Credits or CCs (option for either) to unlock.

Require Legacy 50, maybe? Or a higher legacy level?

Khevar
05.21.2013 , 09:18 AM | #216
Do the XP bonuses increase your characters stats? I do not think they do. An XP boost does not hand character B a stat increase for something character A did. If I use an XP boost on my warrior and gain two levels, did my gunslinger automatically gain two levels for free(no work or effort put into the gunslinger)?
Do the companion legacy presence bonus unlocks increase your characters stats? They do.

+1% surge
+1% accuracy
+1% crit
+1% hp
+1% healing

And if I unlock it on my Warrior, it automatically unlocks it on my Gunslinger.

Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 09:21 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion a few posts up.

Once a character finishes the story quests on the planet, they are given the datacrons for the planet.

Of course, a few things they can do: You only have to have ALL the datacrons in your legacy -- not on one particular character.

Credits or CCs (option for either) to unlock.

Require Legacy 50, maybe? Or a higher legacy level?
Requiring a character to reach max level before receiving the unlocks would make it impossible for players who wish to "game the system" to receive those bonuses "early" by having high level friends or guildies run them through planetary quests, etc. They can still obtain those bonuses early, true, but to do so still requires them to actually find the datacron, something they do not wish to do in the first place, hence the demand for legacy wide datacrons.

Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 09:32 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Do the companion legacy presence bonus unlocks increase your characters stats? They do.

+1% surge
+1% accuracy
+1% crit
+1% hp
+1% healing

And if I unlock it on my Warrior, it automatically unlocks it on my Gunslinger.
As I said, I had forgotten about those minor increases, since I no longer receive them. However, you receive that bonus for completing all companion conversations with a particular companion. If I complete Ashara's storyline quest chain and unlock the bonus for melee DPS companion, does that complete the quest chain for Akavi on my gunslinger?

If you want to use the argument that it is already possible to unlock a stat bonus legacy wide, so why not allow legacy wide datacron bonuses, I will concede that point. Using that same argument, let me propose something. If they allow legacy wide datacron bonuses, so that a player only has to do put forth effort on one character in order to receive the bonuses on all their characters (and that is exactly what that would be), I want to be able to unlock the ability to create max level characters with all companions at max affection and with all companion unlocks. After all, I put the effort with one character to get to max level, max out all companion affection, and unlock all companions, and we will already have the ability to do something on one character and have it affect each and every other character, existing or new, so it would be the same thing, right?

Kilora
05.21.2013 , 09:38 AM | #219
Requiring a character to reach max level before receiving the unlocks would make it impossible for players who wish to "game the system" to receive those bonuses "early" by having high level friends or guildies run them through planetary quests, etc. They can still obtain those bonuses early, true, but to do so still requires them to actually find the datacron, something they do not wish to do in the first place, hence the demand for legacy wide datacrons.
Hence why I also said maybe require legacy lvl 50?

If you've reached legacy 50 -- I really don't care. These bonuses are not going to make any difference, except in World PvP -- something that already doesn't really happen. And will never be properly "balanced."

Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 09:50 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Hence why I also said maybe require legacy lvl 50?

If you've reached legacy 50 -- I really don't care. These bonuses are not going to make any difference, except in World PvP -- something that already doesn't really happen. And will never be properly "balanced."
I know people with legacy 50 with only one character (two if you count their banker). That is why I would hope that legacy wide datacron unlocks are only unlocked for a given character once that character reaches max level. Isn't the main reason people are asking for legacy wide datacrons so they do not have to find them again, and not because they want their level 1's to be OP? If that is truly the case and a player wants the datacrons to be legacy wide because they have trouble doing the jumping, they should be more than willing to wait til max level to receive the bonuses.