Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So.. Account Wide Datacrons

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
05.21.2013 , 07:11 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I know of no way in which I can gain a stat increase, either permanent or temporary, and have my gunslinger also gain that stat increase for free(meaning no work or effort) automatically.
The only case of this happening is the minuscule bonus from completing all conversations with companion type, that gives bonus to crit chance, surge, accuracy, etc, but only like 1% or something
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 07:37 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
The only case of this happening is the minuscule bonus from completing all conversations with companion type, that gives bonus to crit chance, surge, accuracy, etc, but only like 1% or something
I had forgotten about that slight boost to secondary stats. That is probably because I no longer earn anything but the presence bonus for completing companion unlocks since you only gain the boost to aim, healing, etc. for the first companion of a given role you unlock, after that you only gain the presence bonus for companion's in that role.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.21.2013 , 08:02 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
"Shorten the amount of time it would take a player to do something he or she doesn't want to keep doing." Notice the wording? SHORTEN the amount of time it would take a player to do something he or she doesn't want to keep doing. , not AVOID having to do something he or she doesn't want to keep doing, or do something once on one character get the stat increases on every character.

Reducing the amount of time spent waiting for a companion to get back from selling junk doesn't mean you still don't have to send that companion out to sell the junk. Selling junk on my warrior doesn't empty my gunslingers bags of junk, so I still need to send my gunslinger's companion's out to sell junk in order to empty his bag.
If one gets every xp boost, it lets the player AVOID side quests he or she has already done before on the first toon,

Sharing datacrons with ones legacy would let one AVOID datacron jumping he or she had already done before on the first toon.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
With the exception of presence, which only affects your companion and NOT your character , not one of those "conveniences" you mentioned provides any increase in any primary or secondary stats. I know of no way in which I can gain a stat increase, either permanent or temporary, and have my gunslinger also gain that stat increase for free(meaning no work or effort) automatically.
As mentioned, the 1% bonuses add up.

Incidentally, every Best in Slot calculation includes these stat bonuses.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
05.21.2013 , 08:36 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If one gets every xp boost, it lets the player AVOID side quests he or she has already done before on the first toon,

Sharing datacrons with ones legacy would let one AVOID datacron jumping he or she had already done before on the first toon.


As mentioned, the 1% bonuses add up.

Incidentally, every Best in Slot calculation includes these stat bonuses.
Do the XP bonuses increase your characters stats? I do not think they do. An XP boost does not hand character B a stat increase for something character A did. If I use an XP boost on my warrior and gain two levels, did my gunslinger automatically gain two levels for free(no work or effort put into the gunslinger)?

JesseSky's Avatar


JesseSky
05.21.2013 , 08:36 AM | #205 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Jesse Sky
Lead Designer

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.21.2013 , 08:38 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Thanks for the heads up Jesse!

At the very least, it is nice to see someone is fighting for it.

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
05.21.2013 , 08:40 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

So is this something you will consult with the players about or just go off and do something you should be able to tell from this thread that many people are against?
Actually - I think I can guess the answer to that one (BW mantra - must make game easier than it already is).

Iggster's Avatar


Iggster
05.21.2013 , 08:41 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Can't it be implement like the collections tab?

It appears once you've collected it on one character and you can choose to unlock it for your legacy characters or go out and find them without unlocking.

Also make it a free or credit unlock... Not CC.

Ancaglon's Avatar


Ancaglon
05.21.2013 , 08:41 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by caronome View Post
I definitely think this should be account wide. Although I certainly could see it only being for < 10 datacrons.

And to retroll the trolls, I would absolutely pay CC for this.
+1

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.21.2013 , 08:44 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
So is this something you will consult with the players about or just go off and do something you should be able to tell from this thread that many people are against?
Actually - I think I can guess the answer to that one (BW mantra - must make game easier than it already is).
Why should they heed opinions from people who cannot even give a reason for being against it?

"Laziness" doesn't count. If you think it does -- I propose an immediate removal of ALL forms of travel outside of walking.