Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do FP's scale?

tharbison
05.20.2013 , 01:39 PM | #1
Used group finder to join The Red Reaper FP. After our group totally wiped on like the 2nd mob, someone said something about the tank not taunting & he rage quit. A few moments later, one of our dps just left out of the blue. That left me, a 45 gunslinger, and a 47 sage. We each called out a companion, and one by one we burned the mobs down until we beat the FP. Honestly it was a lot of fun with just the two of us preparing our strategy before each fight. Much more engaging than the usual go as fast as you can to burn everything down.

Anyway I was surprised that we wiped with a full group, but then proceeded to complete the FP as a 2-man group at level.

My question is do FP's get 'easier' if you don't have a full group?

MGNMTTRN
05.21.2013 , 01:52 AM | #2
The enemies follow the same scripts/routines whether there are 4 level 5 players in the flashpoint or 1 level 55 player in the flashpoint.

It's not that flashpoints become better when you have a smaller group... Flashpoints get easier when you don't have a bad group

Edit: meant to say "It's not that flashpoints become easier when you have a smaller group"

Brittaany_Banks
05.21.2013 , 01:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MGNMTTRN View Post
The enemies follow the same scripts/routines whether there are 4 level 5 players in the flashpoint or 1 level 55 player in the flashpoint.

It's not that flashpoints become better when you have a smaller group... Flashpoints get easier when you don't have a bad group
I couldn't have said this better myself.

There are SO MANY people playing this game that have ****** stats, and ****** rotations who think they are pumping out the best DPS/Tanking/Healing that they actually drag the group down
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

JP_Legatus
05.21.2013 , 03:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
I couldn't have said this better myself.

There are SO MANY people playing this game that have ****** stats, and ****** rotations who think they are pumping out the best DPS/Tanking/Healing that they actually drag the group down
Bad tanks just pull too many mobs and don't manage aggro properly in addition to not using cc beforehand and being unable to actually tank the damage, which causes the group to wipe. So yes, bad tanks will drag the entire group down all by themselves even if they have the best healers and dps in the world.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje