Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grouping should be a quicker path to the best gear.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grouping should be a quicker path to the best gear.

gorstram
05.20.2013 , 05:02 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by goreblade View Post
Are you ever going to stop ************ about this? No, solo players should not be able to get the same gear as group PvPers and group PvEers.
Here you go, I fixed your post for you.

Cavegeta
05.20.2013 , 05:05 PM | #32
Actually, now that I think a little bit more about it, I think I can think of a solution everyone could enjoy.

1) More stuff for PVP. I never PVP (hate it) but even I can see they need at least a few more zones if not some good open world. I have no idea how that works, but with four instances (could be wrong on that) and dead open zones, it seems like pve got more love.

2) Add more new FPs. Not like Hammer Station HM, but more FPs like BT, Foundry, False Emperor, etc. You know, the ones teeming with story. Have a soloable one that was doable in basic gear that dropped gear of the next level. Have a HM that required a group in a higher level of gear, which did the same. And so on and so forth. Best pve gear, would still be only achievable through raids because they would be the only ones who actually needed it.

I realize there are some flaws with those ideas, but figured others would either condemn them or help flesh them out or at least tell me why it was or wasn't a bad idea in a constructive way.

GuruVII
05.20.2013 , 05:29 PM | #33
OOOO, I see what the OP is trying to do. He put casuals/soloers in the same group, probably because now he can claim that 80% of the population is disfranchised and not the <10% represented by soloers.

Tiny problem with that casual players have access to 72 gear... a lot slower then people doing HM ops, but I imagine they find the time to do 3 HM FPs per week, perhaps even a sm ops from time to time (later on, I imagine we'll see casual players doing hm ops as well), which does grant them ultimate commendations, which grants 72 gear.

Soloers on the other hand have easy access to 69 gear through the GTN... you just have to get a lot of credits... and voila you now also have something to do, to get ops level (sm) gear.

TrillOG-
05.20.2013 , 05:42 PM | #34
You want to be able to get everything by doing solo content? Go play a console game, or something that is not a MMO. An MMO is self-explanatory. Why is it solo players think that they should have access to everything without having to do the content? While we're at it, why don't we just start giving out 999 elite commendations when you hit 55?
Twitch
Gate Crasher
Dread Master
World First

THorsblood
05.20.2013 , 05:47 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
I agree with you on the ability to get elite comm gear solo although I wouldn't characterize it as being "dead nuts simple" or as least any simpler than people running in groups. But your questions aren't really fair either. People strive to aquire things all the time that they really have no use for. The act of striving for and aquiring them is the end goal all in itself. Why should this be different in a game? You infer that wanting something you can't use isn't logical? Perhaps so, but then human beings are only rarely logical and almost never in games as one can surmise by simply reading the subject lines of many SWTOR forum posts.
You use Logical twice, that's 2x more then most people on these forums! Are you a Vulcan

Live long and prosper!
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

LordArtemis
05.20.2013 , 06:26 PM | #36
More social gear and better levels of social points, despite the buffs would be a good idea IMO. Right now grouping has improved in this game but folks still just group for heroics or flashpoints/operations and usually leave the group immediately IMO...at least from my perspective it seems that way.

The game already has a slightly negative edge against social interaction compared to some other games. A few changes were made to help this along and I think they worked to some extent, but more needs to be done to boost interaction overall.

My suggestions....

1) 5 percent visible XP buff while grouped.
2) Increase social point gains 100 percent across the board.
3) Increase social point gains from turning in quests together 200 percent across the board.
4) Add schematics, dyes, pets and more unique armor items (headgear!!!!!)
5) Unique emotes and titles
6) Musical instrument emotes (tie in below)

The musical instrument emotes, already in game, would be a special item that can be used while grouped and outside group. Similar to the entertainer profession in SWG, playing an instrument in the presence of other players would have an effect as follows....

In rest areas

Non grouped, within 10 meters - Player begins to dance, receives 5 percent health and energy pool buff that lasts 15 minutes after 5 minutes of emote play. Does not persist through death. Stacks with other health and energy buffs.

Grouped, within 10 meters - Player begins to dance, receives 5/10/15/20 percent health and energy pool buff that lasts 30 minutes. Length of time that the player is grouped while other player plays the emote determines size of buff, 5 minute intervals. Does not persist through death. Stacks with other health and energy buffs.

In general (non-rest, open world) areas

Non grouped buff applies in all cases.

I may add more later. Thanks for reading.

theUndead
05.20.2013 , 06:37 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
It's about having something fun and rewarding to do when I log in w/o being forced to raid or pvp. Im not just saying GIVE ME GEAR! Im saying there should be rewarding endgame content that isn't pvp or raiding. Us solo/caual players wouldnt be looking for ways to upgrade our gear w/o doing raids if we had CONTENT that we could do at endgame that is rewarding.
I have delayed responding to this for a while but not now.

Will you please STOP saying that your are forced to group. You are not FORCED to do anything, Bioware is not pulling your hands making you click things to group or anything of the sort. I understand your reasons even if I highly disagree with you the same as many others have disagreed. Yet I even suggested compromise but did you read that? Nope. So we do not need another thread, which clearly indicates you read nothing of the responses in the previous thread.

But let me repeat, you are not forced into anything. You control how you play, you move your toons, you push buttons. You and you alone.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Cavegeta
05.20.2013 , 07:15 PM | #38
I also think that part of the problem is that you have a lot of players who really only wanted a single player rpg, were told that we'd get KOTOR 3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9 with this, had a lot of fun with the game and kinda stuck around to see what would happen next.

I don't think they lied about it. I would love to see some more story depth but that doesn't discount the fun I've had for the last year and a half.

CosmicKat
05.20.2013 , 07:18 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by GuruVII View Post
OOOO, I see what the OP is trying to do. He put casuals/soloers in the same group, probably because now he can claim that 80% of the population is disfranchised and not the <10% represented by soloers.

Tiny problem with that casual players have access to 72 gear... a lot slower then people doing HM ops, but I imagine they find the time to do 3 HM FPs per week, perhaps even a sm ops from time to time (later on, I imagine we'll see casual players doing hm ops as well), which does grant them ultimate commendations, which grants 72 gear.

Soloers on the other hand have easy access to 69 gear through the GTN... you just have to get a lot of credits... and voila you now also have something to do, to get ops level (sm) gear.
Less than 10% are soloers? You're joking right? This game has zero appeal to any player of group-centric MMO's. It IS a solo game.

MeisterBabylon
05.20.2013 , 07:21 PM | #40
Its an MMO. Solo players ****.
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."