Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Round-Up: May 20th, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Round-Up: May 20th, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
05.20.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any threads you would like to see in our next blog as well!

Thanks!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
05.20.2013 , 03:03 PM | #2
FIRST

But in all serious-ness it would be nice to get something better than "Oh we worded it wrong" response from EAware on why subs are get downgraded in areas that should be free.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

MasterBrown's Avatar


MasterBrown
05.20.2013 , 03:09 PM | #3
I know the response wasn't the U-turn we probably all wanted, but I feel that we should acknowledge that BW did at least respond, which was far, far more than many other studios I can think of. Hopefully, 2.2 will be free and offer some more, substantial, features.

Spinikar's Avatar


Spinikar
05.20.2013 , 08:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBrown View Post
I know the response wasn't the U-turn we probably all wanted, but I feel that we should acknowledge that BW did at least respond, which was far, far more than many other studios I can think of. Hopefully, 2.2 will be free and offer some more, substantial features.
Yes. Its a nice change by the Community to make post like that, and even add the threads to the community round up. I hope this trend continues moving forward. I very much dislike gaming companies that release content and basically shrug there shoulders when there is a community backlash, after all, we are the ones that play the game, and pay BW's many bills and employees.

BW isn't always going to get it right first go, and there is always reason why decisions get made the way they do. I hated 2.1 when it first came out, but after reading Eric post, I changed my mind. Still think charging CC coins for basic hair styles is a bit of a rip of for Subs, but, now thanks to Eric, I understand their decision making progress and have come to accept it.

Keep it up Community Team.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

mandoforlife's Avatar


mandoforlife
05.20.2013 , 09:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
Yes. Its a nice change by the Community to make post like that, and even add the threads to the community round up. I hope this trend continues moving forward. I very much dislike gaming companies that release content and basically shrug there shoulders when there is a community backlash, after all, we are the ones that play the game, and pay BW's many bills and employees.

BW isn't always going to get it right first go, and there is always reason why decisions get made the way they do. I hated 2.1 when it first came out, but after reading Eric post, I changed my mind. Still think charging CC coins for basic hair styles is a bit of a rip of for Subs, but, now thanks to Eric, I understand their decision making progress and have come to accept it.

Keep it up Community Team.
Agreed. 100%. The current community team is amazing. Eric, Courtney, Amber, you guys are doing a great job, and the community definatley appreciates it.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

XCoOKiExMoNSteRX's Avatar


XCoOKiExMoNSteRX
05.27.2013 , 02:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any threads you would like to see in our next blog as well!

Thanks!
Please check out this thread 'Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?' A lot of people are wondering why bioware hasn't responded to it yet

Irrissa's Avatar


Irrissa
05.27.2013 , 06:20 PM | #7
A reminder that Prophecy of the Five Server will have its Monthly Meet n Greet and Guild rush event Friday May 31 at 9:00 pm server time at the Slippery Slopes Cantina on Nar Shadaa
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
05.29.2013 , 12:16 PM | #8
Hi Courtney, I'd like to get POT5 world pvp events in this thread, see link below!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644757
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

TaylaEwa's Avatar


TaylaEwa
06.05.2013 , 07:21 PM | #9
Order 65 will be offering FREE ACCESS to the +10 to all stats datacron on the Harbinger server on republic side this sunday!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647953

We'll also be offering July 14, 2013 after the double xp weekends.
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
06.06.2013 , 12:04 AM | #10
New SWTOR pvp focused youtube channel on the look out for pvp videos, guides and anything to do with SWTOR and pvp
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.