Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

Sathid
05.20.2013 , 02:25 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
the sad part is that if DPS players focus Operative healer, it just takes to much time to kill one , especialy with another healer behind... combine that to the fact that the players focusing can or may not have a healer, if they dont they will die so fast... but i guess all players on these forums are all "uber" players and the rest are fail. These kids...
Over 40 but still a kid at heart.

The WZ variables are so large while pugging (I mainly PUG) everyone knows that if you have too many healers you will lose,it was a common theme all last week for Repub on the Bastion for me.

Contrary to the OP's post and many in this thread Damage is still king,it's just that guard with heals is now very viable especially in a PUG WZ,i play both,a GS and scoundrel as my mains currently.

Jorojus
05.20.2013 , 02:29 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
the sad part is that if DPS players focus Operative healer, it just takes to much time to kill one , especialy with another healer behind... combine that to the fact that the players focusing can or may not have a healer, if they dont they will die so fast... but i guess all players on these forums are all "uber" players and the rest are fail. These kids...
Some people make it see like this I agree, others just want to help and improve the game. Its just been a habit it seems on this pvp forum to only make negative or ignorant posts from good players to "new players" and the other way around.

Time to get some constructive going I'd say, maybe Bioware will start reading these forums then.
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

MotorCityMan
05.20.2013 , 02:39 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
No! 4 players from team A chasing 2 healers from team B (they were cross healing and making each other immortal) for more than a solid minute while the remaining 4 players from team A are butchered by 6 players from team B and your objectives are taken is considered a good strategy. You are bad if math works correctly for you, the real players are able to defy math.
Both my Ops healer and my sorc healer die pretty easily to 2 dps. I know any of my dps characters can fully occupy a healer. If 4 dps can't take down a healer even if there is another healer nearby there are serious L2P issues. What in the world are those dps doing with their CC and stun abilities, let alone the routine 5-11k smashes, mauls, series of shots, etc etc?! 4 dps can pour 20k dps on a single target no problem and coupled with any stuns and CC there are no 2 healers in this game that can stand up to that for more than a couple of seconds. You either are exaggerating (most likely) or have the worst 4 dps in the game as your teammates.
If anything, solo healing is still under powered. A healer still needs a tank guard and preferably cross healing to be fully viable.

xxIncubixx
05.20.2013 , 06:01 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
No! 4 players from team A chasing 2 healers from team B (they were cross healing and making each other immortal) for more than a solid minute while the remaining 4 players from team A are butchered by 6 players from team B and your objectives are taken is considered a good strategy. You are bad if math works correctly for you, the real players are able to defy math.
right...

Anysao
05.20.2013 , 06:28 AM | #266
Have you tried, you know, interupting the healers?
I really don't see an issue here. You see a heal being charged up, throw out an interupt. Then they're helpless for 4 seconds.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Aramyth
05.20.2013 , 08:18 AM | #267
It's not healing.

It's the Operative/Scoundrel that insane on PvP. There are barely any complaints about the Commando/Merc directly. Why? Because they have gone from being the hardest/second hardest to kill to the easiest to kill an STILL have the worst heals for PvP.

Jorojus
05.20.2013 , 09:59 AM | #268
I wonder if a short channel on the aoe heal of operatives would balance the healing game a bit ?
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

szombattams
05.20.2013 , 10:29 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Both my Ops healer and my sorc healer die pretty easily to 2 dps. I know any of my dps characters can fully occupy a healer. If 4 dps can't take down a healer even if there is another healer nearby there are serious L2P issues. What in the world are those dps doing with their CC and stun abilities, let alone the routine 5-11k smashes, mauls, series of shots, etc etc?! 4 dps can pour 20k dps on a single target no problem and coupled with any stuns and CC there are no 2 healers in this game that can stand up to that for more than a couple of seconds. You either are exaggerating (most likely) or have the worst 4 dps in the game as your teammates.
If anything, solo healing is still under powered. A healer still needs a tank guard and preferably cross healing to be fully viable.
Then you are a bad healer.

dcgregorya
05.20.2013 , 11:40 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Have you tried, you know, interupting the healers?
I really don't see an issue here. You see a heal being charged up, throw out an interupt. Then they're helpless for 4 seconds.
Every healing class has an alternative heal if their main heal gets interrupted. Both sorcs and merc healers also get interrupt immunity cooldowns. Over half the HPS from an operative is coming from non-interruptable instants. The only way to handle it is to chain stun and burst, which is entirely based on which classes you have available to you in the fight on the DPS side as some classes cannot chain stun or burst easily.

What'd be interesting (but they won't do) would be if they gave PTs/VGs a 10 second no-regen debuff they could put on people to help break stalemates. For 10 seconds, you don't regen any energy and your existing energy pool is cut in half. Give a 90 second cooldown and make tanks immune to it. You'd fix the current PVP situation and VGs/PTs at the same time.