Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzones reward getting kills over going for game objectives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzones reward getting kills over going for game objectives

StealthLightning
12.21.2011 , 03:34 PM | #1
The medal system heavily favors fighting with enemies over accomplishing game objectives and it shows in how people play. On the winter map with nodes, I hardly ever see people try to defend the top and bottom turrets. Everyone just rushes mid to fight. When I spend the game capping bot and top and holding them, I get 1-2 medals. When I spend the game killing enemies mid, I get 4-5 medals. This is the opposite of what should be happening. Capping and defending nodes should be the primary form of rewards with kills and damage being secondary.

Doki
12.21.2011 , 03:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by StealthLightning View Post
The medal system heavily favors fighting with enemies over accomplishing game objectives and it shows in how people play. On the winter map with nodes, I hardly ever see people try to defend the top and bottom turrets. Everyone just rushes mid to fight. When I spend the game capping bot and top and holding them, I get 1-2 medals. When I spend the game killing enemies mid, I get 4-5 medals. This is the opposite of what should be happening. Capping and defending nodes should be the primary form of rewards with kills and damage being secondary.
When I play Alderaan I usually do guarding on one of the nodes (as a healer). I usually get defender, 2500 heal, and solo kill along with another whos name I cant remember, so thats 4 minimum (when most average 6). I may get much more if my node is active.

Oh, and since I play right, we usually win the match. Extra medals there
Quote:
As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Istvar
12.21.2011 , 03:52 PM | #3
if u just want to pve why don't you just do quests?
warfronts/scenarios or what ever you want to call them should always be centered around pvp.

SoupyNuggs
12.21.2011 , 03:57 PM | #4
the average pvper is in there to pvp, i.e. use their abilities on opposing players. although i understand your displeasure, try and see why right clicking on a turret is less desirable than nuking down a nearby opponent.

StealthLightning
12.21.2011 , 03:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Istvar View Post
if u just want to pve why don't you just do quests?
warfronts/scenarios or what ever you want to call them should always be centered around pvp.
Warzones are centered on winning the match, not killing the other team. Your team could get twice as many kills and still lose.

Doki
12.21.2011 , 04:07 PM | #6
Warzones are centered on winning the match, not killing the other team. Your team could get twice as many kills and still lose.
I use this to my advantage all the time.

I'm constantly healing the ball handler in Huttball. Because of this, if teams are halfway decent, they'll target me fairly quickly. What I do now is when I reach about 5-10% of my health I drop off the platform into the pit. Inevitably, 2-3 opponents will follow me down for the quick kill. Sure, I'll die, but the ball carrier will score. We inevitably win.

To wit: +70some commedations for a minor inconvenience of moving back to the start line occasionally. Negated after a touchdown since I'll want to run back to the cneter anyway and I don't care which side I come in on.
Quote:
As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

joric
12.21.2011 , 04:09 PM | #7
I see both sides, you get more commendations for winning so you want to complete the objective. Other side you get tired of questing so you want to go in there and mix it up with other players.
Jorrik
Mercenary
Squadron 11-11-11