Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jerky camera and movement ingame

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Jerky camera and movement ingame

Zakthar
05.19.2013 , 05:40 PM | #1
Hello all,

I have been having an issue when trying to play swtor. It seems that the camera and movement of my character ingame has been really jerky. I'll move the the camera slightly to the left or right, and it just jerks a complete 180 almost. My machine runs the game, and others, at 60 fps easily with vsync enabled. But the I'm only having the issue with this game in particular. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they have found a fix action for it. I would greatly appreciate your inputs!

I do keep my drivers up-to-date, to include beta drivers.

OwenBrooks
05.19.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2
Just some thoughts not knowing your system
if you have mouse software run it as administrator

Read up on pre-rendered frames and with vsynch enabled also enable triple buffer

Briefly discussed them here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=640348&page=2

It comes down to the system on what helps and doesn't help, the above is for jerky movement , 180 spin not sure on but I did hear some running mouse software on administrator as helping

Zakthar
05.19.2013 , 07:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Just some thoughts not knowing your system
if you have mouse software run it as administrator

Read up on pre-rendered frames and with vsynch enabled also enable triple buffer

Briefly discussed them here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=640348&page=2

It comes down to the system on what helps and doesn't help, the above is for jerky movement , 180 spin not sure on but I did hear some running mouse software on administrator as helping

I regards to vsync and triple buffering, you mean enabling them in my graphics card options right?

OwenBrooks
05.19.2013 , 07:12 PM | #4
Only if you want to use vsync, if not pre-rendered frames should help with stutter

Edit -Pre-rendered frames default is 3, so trial 1,2 and 4 and see which is best for your system

Nvidia is simple the NVidia control panel works (use to need D3DOverider), ATI needs RadeonPro I believe.

Tatami
05.19.2013 , 07:16 PM | #5
There is a huge thread about this issue that has been ongoing since launch. They just don't know what's causing it and why or how to fix it.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

OwenBrooks
05.19.2013 , 07:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatami View Post
There is a huge thread about this issue that has been ongoing since launch. They just don't know what's causing it and why or how to fix it.
That's the camera 180 yeah agreed, I have seen some use administrator on mouse software that helped but that comes down to the mouse they are using if that is possible.

Rehzix
05.19.2013 , 07:47 PM | #7
I was having a similar issue, where my camera would jerk in random directions while holding right mouse button to look around, i submitted an in game ticket and a few days later i got a generic technical issue email.... I figured out the issue was that the game was registering my holding of the RMB as a double click every so often, so i went into my mouse options, moved my double click speed up one notch and clicked apply, then put it back down one notch and clicked apply again, havent had the problem again. I am using WIN7 BTW, hope this helps.

Zakthar
05.19.2013 , 08:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Only if you want to use vsync, if not pre-rendered frames should help with stutter

Edit -Pre-rendered frames default is 3, so trial 1,2 and 4 and see which is best for your system

Nvidia is simple the NVidia control panel works (use to need D3DOverider), ATI needs RadeonPro I believe.

Is it safe to use prerendered frames with vsync on? I know it's probably a silly question lol.

OwenBrooks
05.19.2013 , 08:09 PM | #9
Yes, they are 2 different things