Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

dipstik
05.19.2013 , 06:09 PM | #581
its just snv hm. old values were

Kinetic/Energy Internal/Elemental
Weapon 67.78% 0.00%
Force/Tech 6.89% 25.33%

or there abouts

MeisterBabylon
05.19.2013 , 09:52 PM | #582
Pardon the really noob question, but what is a stat budget of a character and how do I calculate it?
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."

xnightshadex
05.19.2013 , 10:24 PM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Pardon the really noob question, but what is a stat budget of a character and how do I calculate it?
You add up your total mitigation (shield, defense, absorb) to get your stat pool. This assumes that you have zero points in alacrity and zero points in accuracy. These two stats share a stat pool with mitigation, and as it stands right now, are not worth the trade off (even though your tech/force attacks will be resisted).

The easiest way to do this is to open your character sheet, mouse over your defensive stats to see how the percentages are calculated. You will defense rating, absorb rating, and shield rating. Add these three up and you know your stat pool.
War-Machine // Prophecy of the Five
Isaki (Assassin Tank) Elunari (Carnage Marauder) Kozakura (Lethality Operative)
Seraphilia (Merc Healer) Aelara (Shadow Tank) Katsuki (Combat Sentinel)

PlayLoud
05.19.2013 , 10:48 PM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
its just snv hm. old values were

Kinetic/Energy Internal/Elemental
Weapon 67.78% 0.00%
Force/Tech 6.89% 25.33%

or there abouts
Sorry for my n00bness, but how would that affect ideal ratios for TFB HM?
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB | SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
Video: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 7 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Kitru
05.19.2013 , 11:24 PM | #585
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
Sorry for my n00bness, but how would that affect ideal ratios for TFB HM?
The current damage ratios are 79% M/R to 21% F/T. Since TfB shows a slightly heavier ratio of F/T to M/R, since Abs applies to F/T whereas Def does not, the optimal values for Defense will be a bit lower and the optimal values for Shield and Abs will be a bit higher for all classes. In short, Defense is devalued by about 5.5% while the value of Shield/Abs remains static so you'll want slightly more Shield/Abs since Defense is worth a bit less.

Honestly, it's not significantly different enough to really justify a different distribution, especially since TfB is pretty much a joke for everyone. The only really hard content out at the moment is S&V (and there are even some people that think HM S&V is already a joke).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

PlayLoud
05.19.2013 , 11:48 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The current damage ratios are 79% M/R to 21% F/T. Since TfB shows a slightly heavier ratio of F/T to M/R, since Abs applies to F/T whereas M/R does not, the optimal values for Defense will be a bit lower and the optimal values for Shield and Abs will be a bit higher for all classes. In short, Defense is devalued by about 5.5% while the value of Shield/Abs remains static so you'll want slightly more Shield/Abs since Defense is worth a bit less.

Honestly, it's not significantly different enough to really justify a different distribution, especially since TfB is pretty much a joke for everyone. The only really hard content out at the moment is S&V (and there are even some people that think HM S&V is already a joke).
Thank you for explaining. My guild is rebuilding, so we haven't completed TFB HM yet (just the first couple of bosses). Hoping to make more progress next week!
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB | SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
Video: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 7 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

MVaglin
05.20.2013 , 12:23 AM | #587
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The current damage ratios are 79% M/R to 21% F/T. Since TfB shows a slightly heavier ratio of F/T to M/R, since Abs applies to F/T whereas M/R does not, the optimal values for Defense will be a bit lower and the optimal values for Shield and Abs will be a bit higher for all classes. In short, Defense is devalued by about 5.5% while the value of Shield/Abs remains static so you'll want slightly more Shield/Abs since Defense is worth a bit less.

Can tech/internal be shielded then? Because only 7% in TFB was kinetic force/tech. So if tech/internal can't be shielded, wouldn't defense be applied to larger percentage of the shieldable attacks, making defense better and absorb worse?
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

Kitru
05.20.2013 , 01:43 AM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
Can tech/internal be shielded then? Because only 7% in TFB was kinetic force/tech. So if tech/internal can't be shielded, wouldn't defense be applied to larger percentage of the shieldable attacks, making defense better and absorb worse?
Ya, it looks like I read dipstik's numbers wrong (that'll teach me to speed read). I saw the ~70% and the ~30% and missed the 6% (though that seems kinda wonky, especially with everything that Kephess throws out since he's almost *entirely* F/T +K/E and I don't actually remember all that much I/E assuming you don't stand in bad during TfB). The ratio in TfB between M/R and F/T + K/E is roughly 10:1, which is actually the opposite of what I originally said. >.<

Even so, it's largely the same. The damage ratio is close enough and the difficulty of TfB isn't high enough compared to S&V to really justify factoring it in. You shouldn't need to optimize for TfB whereas you probably will for S&V.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

danblet
05.20.2013 , 10:43 AM | #589
Ok, there's lots of talk of BiS, but what about next-best-in-slot?

Here's where I currently am:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-81fdb0111a46

Currently running the Rakata two piece and the Arkanian two piece set bonus (I figure the little bit of Armor/DR and Endurance is made up for by the 10% shield bonus until I can get the 4 piece Arkanian). Working on getting more Arkanian gear, but getting those drops is slow going.

My big question is replacing my Dread Guard relic. I spent a bunch of time grinding out 150 Basic comms last week for another Arkanian relic, but realized that the Arkanian Fortunate Redoubt (which everyone seems to recommend) isn't purchasable. Oops.

So, what should I do until that drops? I have enough PVP comms for the Partisan Relic of the Fortunate Redoubt. Is that a good enough stand-in, or is there something else I should be looking at?

dipstik
05.20.2013 , 11:08 AM | #590
def proc and healy are good.