Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Tank relic question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Assassin Tank relic question

ZentheSecond
05.15.2013 , 01:27 PM | #1
Taken from the dipstik post;

SHADOW RELICS:
healing does 634/23 s... need 4519+ dps to make any relic better than healing relic (see table of dps values)

I'm just curious as to the dps he's referring to. I presume it is dps of the enemies/bosses/etc?
Also, is it possible to get a link to the table of dps values? I have yet to find it...

(edit)Also!
What types of attacks can be shielded and what types can not shielded, and those that can't be (if they exist) can they be deflected/parried?

Kitru
05.15.2013 , 03:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
I'm just curious as to the dps he's referring to. I presume it is dps of the enemies/bosses/etc?
The DPS s/he's referring to is the incoming damage post mitigation, so the incoming damage you'll actually *experience*. This listed number, iirc, is only actually eclipsed on one fight atm (can't remember which) and, even then, it's just *barely* over the listed value such that the healing relic is still *really* strong.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Grumpftard
05.15.2013 , 09:24 PM | #3
KBN posted it in one of the two stat threads.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...29#post6225529
There were only two (maybe three) that had that high of DTPS....Thrasher... and the Warlords (pretty sure the DreadMaster was added later, though)
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

ZentheSecond
05.15.2013 , 10:02 PM | #4
Sweet thanks...

And added another question;
What types of attacks can be shielded and what types can not shielded, and those that can't be (if they exist) can they be deflected/parried?

Basically out of curiosity in that. I have plenty of comms being a tank I can get my hands on them easily. And was wondering if I should look into keeping other relics on hand (like the on-hit absorb relic and the on-hit defense relic) for bosses that are more favored to a specific type of damage. Just something to make a healers job a little easier and my job staying alive easier.... *shrugs*

Kitru
05.15.2013 , 10:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
There are 3 fundamental types of attacks: M/R attacks (which deal K/E damage), F/T K/E attacks, and F/T I/E attacks. M/R attacks can be dodged or shielded (so Shield, Abs, and Def all apply). F/T K/E attacks can only be resisted or shielded (resist chance only comes from talents or set bonuses so the only stats you can get that improves this are Shield and Abs). F/T I/E attacks can only be resisted (so none of the tank stats are particularly useful against them).

In general, a vast majority of attacks are M/R (iirc, dipstik said it was roughly 80% weighted for damage dealt) with a smaller portion being F/T K/E (something like just short of 20%), and only the smallest margin of F/T I/E attacks (~1%). Even though Defense is less generally useful, because it has a smoother DR curve, you'll still stack a good deal of it.

I can't think of any fights with the exception of Kephess the Undying that are primarily F/T attacks of any kind. That's the only fight I can think of where the ratio of incoming damage is skewed enough that it might be worth it to swap out the defense relic for the abs relic, though, in all honesty, it's not a big enough concern to bother with unless you're *really* focused on making sure your relics are appropriate for each fight. Most tanks are just content to get their gear designed around the average incoming damage ratio: you won't be absolutely optimal for any one fight, but you won't have to change your gear for every single fight.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Pokebreaker
05.18.2013 , 12:26 PM | #6
Ok, so as an Assassin Tank, I would want the following Arkanian relics?

Arkanian Relic of Shield Amplification: Shielding an incoming attack grants 510 Absorb Rating for 6 seconds.

Arkanian Relic of Ephemeral Mending: Healing an ally has a 50% chance to restore an additional 580 health or 3 seconds.

Also, I've noticed in the two main tank stats threads (KBN and Dipstik), there is rarely mention of Accuracy rating. Should the only stat (aside from main stats of course) I see on any of my gear be Defense, Shield, and Absorb? Some of the Black Market gear has accuracy on it by default, and i'm trying to figure out if I should replace them.

Sorry for the newb questions, I'm trying to get my stuff right. Thank you.

Grumpftard
05.18.2013 , 12:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pokebreaker View Post
Shield Amplification:
Ephemeral Mending:
Also, I've noticed in the two main tank stats threads (KBN and Dipstik), there is rarely mention of Accuracy rating.
Ephemeral Mending and Fortunate Redoubt (defense proc) are the two.
and yes, accuracy (and alacrity) are wasted stats for tank gear.
And the only noob question is the one you don't ask

Pokebreaker
05.18.2013 , 12:58 PM | #8
Thank you for responding.

Where do I find the Arkanian version of Fortunate Redoubt? I only see it vendor listed as Underworld. On AskMrRobot.com, it says its artifice crafted, but I can't figure out where it originates, as far as schematic drop, or the item directly dropping itself.

Grumpftard
05.18.2013 , 01:06 PM | #9
Drops from Operations

idioidi
05.23.2013 , 10:36 AM | #10
So the self heal we get from are charge can proc the healing relic? I am just about to hit 55 and trying to figure out what I should get for relics and which one is more beneficial. Any advice would be helpful.